In this episode we’ll discuss current events, what’s Nate been listening to, independent music from Godstopper and Avenger of Blood, we’ll discuss some tidbits from the music-related podcast community in the Podcast Roundup, and we’ll wrap the show discussing Worshipmetal.com’s list of the 12 albums that kept Thrash Metal “alive” in the 90’s.
Show sponsorship: Midsummer Nightmare 2017
July 14th and 15th at the Spring Street Tavern’s ‘Club Underground!’
The Twin Cities best showcase and variety of local Metal!
Two day event – Friday, July 14th & Saturday, July 15th
6 bands each day – $8 per day / $12 for both days. 21+ event
FRIDAY, JULY 14th
1) The Omega Sequence
2) Cold Colours
4) Outside The Murder
SATURDAY, JULY 15th
1) Ghost Hook
4) Echoes of The Fallen
6) Hex Vortices
Club Underground – 355 Monroe St NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413 – Check it out on Facebook!
2 Minute Metal Meltdown:
Lamb of God
Submitted by: Brady Goble – formerly of None The Less and currently with Nuclear Horde
Walk With Me In Hell
Laid to Rest
>>> Spotify Playlist
If you have a band and 5 must-hear songs that you’d like to share, hit us up on Facebook or Twitter with the hash tag ‘Gimme5’ and don’t forget to tag us!
Mars Attacks Podcast
John Busch of Armored Saint and Sammy Lee of Red Reign on Ep. 153
Mastodon’s Bill Kelliher on Ep. 190, and Suffocation’s Terrence Hobbs on Ep. 191
No Guitar is Safe
Jeff Kollman of Cosmosquad, Eikichi Yazawa and Bombastic Meatbats
Rock Talk with Mitch La Fon
John Corabi and Trixter’s Steve Brown, Greg Rolie, Don Jamieson, and more recently Gene Simmon$, Mark Kendall from Great White, and Bobby Whitlock from Eric Clapton and George Harrison’s bands.
Ritual Madness Podcast
RMP Lee’s Metal Night sponsored by Disciples of the Watch – Friday, June 30th
21+ event, $7 at the door.
Raffles for tattoos and merch.
Talk is Jericho Podcast
Sgt. Pepper’s 50th Anniversary celebration with Mike Portnoy and Charlie Benante!
Talking Bullocks: The All About The Rock Podcast W/Howard Smith
Ep. 41 is an “Acid Reign’s ‘April Fools Tour’ debrief. Ep. 42 is a great interview with Dez Fafara from Devildriver, and an awesome piece with the author David Ghelke, the author of Dam The Machine: The History of Noise Records.
Ep. 670 is all Emily and some of her special music selections, and 671 with Carl Alvarez of Inside Metal is back. Most recent episode with with Chris Akin from the ‘Classic Metal Show.’
The Eddie Trunk Podcast
Prodcer Ron Nevison and Alice Cooper, and Styx on the most recent episode.
The Joe Rogan Experience
Wheeler Walker Jr. on ep. 973
The Metal Podcast W/Chuck And Godless
Nate’s comments on the Rex Brown interview
Sen Dog of Cypress Hill talking about his new Metal band Powerflo with former members of Fear Factory and downset, and current members of Biohazard and Worst.
Latest episode features Manuel Gagneux from Zeal & Ardor
If you have a podcast or have a favorite one that you’d like to turn me on to, please email me a link at firstname.lastname@example.org or hit me up on Facebook! !
1. CHRIS CORNELL Toxicology Report Reveals Several Prescription Drugs In Singer’s System
Location: Toronto, ON Canada
from the Album: Split with The Great Sabitini
the Song is: It’s Allright
Buy now on Amazon:
1. Salt Lake City’s RIKSHA has inked a worldwide deal with Zombie Shark Records for their forthcoming album ‘Five Stages Of Numb’ set for release in June. The album was recorded at Elevate Studios by notable producer and drummer for Chelsea Grin – Pablo Viveros, plus album art done by Die Elster.
RIKSHA’s sound is affectionately known as “throg”, a mixture of “thrash” and “progressive”. The band can best be compared to groove metal and nu metal bands such as Mudvayne, Tool, Pantera, Coal Chamber, Soulfly, Nothingface, and American Head Charge.
The album’s title track is currently streaming on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/3GddLzEKDvnKmdG8rctQqg and is supported by a computer animated music video produced by Vladyslav Tsarenko that can be viewed here: https://youtu.be/g3Vyz8OkTEE
2. Montreal thrash champions MUTANK return with a new EP “W.H.A.T.S.T.H.A.T.” due out June 16th via Boonsdale Records plus will be embarking on their first ever cross Canada tour with legends ANNIHILATOR. The new EP from the 2014 Wacken Metal Battle Canada winners is short, but sweet to follow their debut cassette EP “M.E.C.H. Metal” and is a taste of what’s to come from the band’s full length planned to be unleashed later this year. The five track demolisher “W.H.A.T.S.T.H.A.T.” was produced with Topon Das (Fuck The Facts) and is a step up from what people have heard from MUTANK thus far.
MUTANK’s first single off the EP, “P.O.P.U.L.O.U.S” is exclusively streaming now with an interview on Decibel Magazine at the following link: http://decibelmagazine.com/blog/2017/5/25/track-premiere-introductory-interview-saying-hello-to-mutank
Live video MUTANK at Wacken 2014 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQrLaG8BPL4
For More Info:
3. RAVAGE, the heavy metal band from Boston, Massachusetts, USA, has officially released the band’s new full-length recording “Return Of The Spectral Rider”. The album is available on CD, limited edition vinyl and digital download format.
The release is a complete re-recording of the band’s “Spectral Rider” album which was given a limited release in Europe through Germany’s Karthago Records in 2005. The new version features a crisp new production quality, a new track-listing, guest appearances and all-new artwork by Tim Jacobus (known for painting the covers of the R.L. Stine’s GOOSEBUMPS and FEAR STREET series of horror novels).
4. New York’s ‘Held Hostage‘ are back, and they’re helping US military veterans with their new song “Show Me the Way Back Home.” Their new single digital download also includes a 2nd free bonus song, “Take Me Away”. 50% of the net proceeds of the single currently will be donated to the organizations ‘Vietnam Veterans of America’ (NYS Chapter 704), ‘Victory for Vets’ and the band plans on adding other veterans groups to help raise monies as well.
Produced by drummer Carl Canedy, member of THE RODS, CANEDY, ST. JAMES and producer of legendary classic albums from ANTHRAX, OVERKILL, EXCITER, HELSTAR.
5.Dutch extreme thrashers GRINDPAD have released the video for the title track off their most recent EP, “Sharkbite!”. Filmed partly live and in their practice room the video gives an insight into the fun and violence that Grindpad stands for. And of course not even the video is safe from the shark infestation!
6.Unleashing their debut EP “Slaves of Reality” last year, Brazilian thrashers BLACKFORCE return with a new mosher entitled “Prophets of Tomorrow” produced by the band with lyrics by Caio Kattenbach and single artwork by Orion Frazão and Gustavo Kattenbach.
“Prophets of Tomorrow” can be heard at the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOUeH4ZIONc and is available for download on Bandcamp https://blackforce.bandcamp.com/track/prophets-of-tomorrow-single.
7.San Francisco, California hard rockers BURN RIVER BURN have unleashed to the masses their brand new video “Thanks For The Ride”, the lead off track from their new sophomore full length album “Neüstonia”.
“Named as one of the best bands in the Bay Area” by influential radio station 107.7 The Bone, Burn River Burn combine elements of their musical influences such as Alice in Chains, Van Halen, Black Sabbath, Rage Against the Machine and Soundgarden into a razor sharp sound of their own while serving brutal riffs, punishing beats and gut-wrenching vocals that are sonically hypnotizing.
Burn River Burn – “Thanks For The Ride” video link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK-sfxBycQM
If you have any news you’d like to share regarding your band please email us at email@example.com
Artist: Avenger Of Blood
Location: Las Vegas, NV – USA
from the Album: On Slaying Grounds
the Song is: Instruments of Chaos
Buy now on Amazon:
If you’re in a band and you’d like to be considered to be played on the Disciples of the Watch podcast, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
FINAL DISCUSSION TOPIC or SEGMENT:
Overkill – W.F.O (1994)
Slayer – Divine Intervention (1994)
Tankard – The Tankard (1995)
Sodom – Masquerade In Blood (1995)
Iced Earth – Burnt Offerings (1995)
Witchburner – Witchburner (1996)
Razor – Decibels (1997)
Sadus – Elements Of Anger (1997)
Whiplash – Thrashback (1998)
The Haunted – The Haunted (1998)
Annihilator – Criteria For A Black Widow (1999)
Testament – The Gathering (1999)
10. Death Angel, ‘Act III’ (1990)
9. Sodom, ‘Tapping the Vein’ (1992)
8. Dark Angel, ‘Time Does Not Heal’ (1991)
7. Anthrax, ‘Persistence of Time’ (1990)
6. Sepultura, ‘Arise’ (1991)
5. Kreator, ‘Coma of Souls’ (1990)
4. Overkill, ‘Horrorscope’ (1991)
3. Testament, ‘The Gathering’ (1999)
2. Slayer, ‘Seasons in the Abyss’ (1990)
1. Megadeth, ‘Rust in Peace’ (1990)
Don’t forget to use our Amazon link on our website and support the show by shopping via Amazon without costing you any extra.