Just noticed that One on One with Mitch Lafon posted an interview with Kirk Hammett today. The episode is only 20+ minutes so that’s not a lot of Kirk time. Curious to hear that one.
Ritual Madness had the guys from Twin Town Tyrant records in for a chat and some tunes – I can’t wait to listen to that episode.
Talking Metal has at least one episode with the former co-host John Ostronomy back in the fold. I haven’t had a chance to catch up with most of my podcasts so I don’t know if he’s back for good, or back for one episode. So if you’re a fan of John, at least catch up with Mark at Talking Metal.
Eddie Trunk had a few great interviews lately – Leslie West, Billy Sheehan, Rick Nielsen from Cheap Trick and a great interview with Glenn Hughes from Deep Purple, Black Country Communion, California Breed, etc. etc.
SONG INTERMISSION (Featured Independent):
Artist: Love N War
from the Album: Up The Annie
the Song is: 6 Feet
If you’re in a band and you’d like to be considered to be played on the Disciples of the Watch podcast, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. San Antonio, Texas based melodic hard rock band KARA AND THE DAM BAND have released their new video for the song “Shepherd” in December and it’s up on YouTube for your viewing pleasure.
Accoriind to Kara and the Dam Band vocalist Kara Stevens, the song “Shepherd” was inspired by her grandmothers passing. She states:
“No one really knows what lies beyond this life, yet the mystery and our faith keeps us in wonder and eager to witness something beautiful and my grandmother was very mush eager to see her shepherd meet her at the gate and call her name. The making of our music video was very important. After all, I wanted to make it very much like death….. Very mysterious….. having that fear of getting old…..but most importantly the rebirth from death into light.”
6. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania based New Wave of Traditional American Heavy Metal band CORNERS OF SANCTUARY have released their new cd “Metal Machine” in Europe via Germany based METALIZER RECORDS and independently on their own throughout the rest of the world.
Metal Machine was recorded at Sanctuary Studios and Mixed at Magic Ears Studios in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania by Corners of Sanctuary guitarist Mick Michaels.
The band has also released a new video for the song “Left Scarred” from this release.
7. Veteran New York heavy metal power trio THE RODS have re-recorded the song “Crank It Up” which originally appeared on their 1981 self titled album, as part of the album’s upcoming 35th Anniversary celebration.
David ‘Rock’ Feinstein, cousin of Ronnie James Dio and guitarist/vocalist for The Rods made the following statement:
“”CRANK IT UP”, what more is there to say? It’s kind of been our “motto” since day one. Thirty-five years later, we are still slamming our audiences with great powerful music. It’s amazing to see all the different generations singing along to this classic RODS “Anthem”. Call it “Rock n’ Roll”, or call it “Heavy Metal”, it’s meant to be played loud with a passion, and that’t what we have done for thirty-five years.”
8. Canada, having spawned extreme metal luminaries such as GORGUTS, CRYPTOPSY, BENEATH THE MASSACRE, BEYOND CREATION, and ARCHSPIRE, is once again poised to put brutal technical death metal on the world stage… with emphasis on ‘brutal’!
Enter Ottawa’s DEFORMATORY, who have set out to create a relentlessly extreme and unique sound with their sophomore effort, entitled Malediction. This latest slab of inhuman resonance fuses together classic death metal influences (Cryptopsy, Morbid Angel, Suffocation, etc.) and the band’s love for modern tech death.
Malediction is the first installment in a series of concept albums revolving around Saväel, the creator of Darkness, and the original source of pure evil. In Malediction, the story follows the discovery of the sacred incantation text, his re-awakening, and the subsequent obliteration of the Light, the Heavens, and all remnants of humanity. This is an album that will appeal to the nostalgia of old school death metal, delivered with a modern, dark and technical ferocity.
9. EMP LABEL GROUP, the label founded by Megadeth bassist/co-founder David Ellefson, has signed an exclusive North American distribution deal with EOne Distribution, North America’s leading independent music and video distribution company.
Formed in 2015, EMP has already had Worldwide success with their first release, the debut EP from Phoenix all-female punk group DOLL SKIN, released as a joint venture with Megaforce and Cargo Records(UK), who has already received airplay on hundreds of stations around the World.
Says Ellefson, “We’ve had a great start with the Doll Skin EP, and the amazing partners we had in releasing it, and the reaction, Worldwide has been overwhelming. And what we have built since then is even more exciting. We have a full slate of amazing Rock and Metal releases for 2016, and it’s wonderful to be able to take it to the next level with an extremely committed and powerful partner in eONE.”
10. Power thrash champions SANKTUARY are returning in 2016 with their new album ‘Winters Doom’ to follow up 2013’s widely praised’Something Fierce’. Set to be unleashed on January 22nd, the Yukon warriors of the Canadian North have teamed up withPureGrainAudio.com for the premiere and FREE download of their second single ‘Corpse Blockade’.
Bassist Cole Hume explains the track:
“A Necromancer summons the dead and forms a wall of corpses as his entourage. Moral of the story…don’t fuck with this Necromancer.”
11. Our friends in Green Death are extremely happy to announce that the Ellefson Music Productions – EMP Label Group release of “Manufacturing Evil” will feature guest vocals from legendary death metal frontman, David Vincent on the track “Gates of Hell”!
Green Death’s guitarist and ESP endorsee Erich Tran simply said “dreams do come true” after the official announcement.
The album will be available on April 1st, 2016 wherever music is sold!
12 Montreal Canada’s Frostbite, moving every-forward with their last original member Max Allard, are set to release a new album on February 5th of this year. With experience and fortitude as their guide, 2016 sees this band of five at their creative apex – ready to stake the banner of Progressive Black n’ Roll atop its magnificent summit with their debut full-length effort, entitled ‘Etching Obscurity.’ http://www.frostbitemetal.com/
If you have any news you’d like to share regarding your band please email us at email@example.com
FINAL DISCUSSION TOPIC or SEGMENT: