Holy hell where has the year gone? It’s August already and we’re staring down both barrels of the holiday season. (Trust me – it’ll be here before you know it.) Luckily, we have some great tunes and some great discussion to distract you from the thought of impending family get-togethers that may make you consider relocating into the mountainous forest of the upper-midwest. (Or wherever works for your in the country that you call home.)
In this episode we’ll discuss current events, Nate’s got a tune to share; we’ll enjoy some independent music from Quiescent Mantis and Narwhale, then we’ll wrap the show sharing our personal top 5 Pantera songs and sharing Phil Anselmo’s top 5 as well!
——————————————————- What’s Nate been listening to? ——————————————————- Artist: Testament Album: The Gathering Song: Eyes Of Wrath ——————————————————-
——————————————————- INDEPENDENT INTERMISSION ——————————————————- SONG 2 Artist: Narwhale Location: Spain from the Album: El Espacio Interior the Song is: Los Anillos de Saturno Link: https://narwhale.bandcamp.com/ ——————————————————- If you’re in a band and you’d like to be considered to be played on the Disciples of the Watch podcast, please email us email@example.com ——————————————————-
——————————————————- STAY TUNED ——————————————————- Stay tuned to this feed or subscribe as we’ve got 2 more Independent Music Special episodes cued up for July releases and there’s even more great music for your listening pleasure! Plus, Nate and I (and possibly some special guests) will be ranking Alice In Chains’ discography from Worst-to-Best, so stay tuned for that.
Disciples!! Thanks for tuning in for another chat and some more independent music!
In this episode we’ll discuss some current events, well check in to see what Nate’s been listening to lately, we’ll enjoy some independent music from Southern Smoke and Savage Dawn, and we’ll wrap the show tackling Classic Rock.com’s list of Led Zeppelin’s ‘Worst-To-Best’ releases.
Have a great week! \m/
*************************************** AMAZON LINK! Thanks for your support! USA: http://amzn.to/2eS14of` ***************************************
In this episode we’ll discuss some current events, well check in to see what Nate’s been listening to lately, we’ll enjoy some independent music from ‘Last Bullet’ and ‘Blame Zeus’, and we’ll wrap the show discussing Loudersounds.com’s list of The 11 best metal songs about wizards.
——————————————————- INDEPENDENT INTERMISSION ——————————————————- SONG 2 Artist: Blame Zeus Location: Portugal from the Album: Seethe the Song is: Déjà vu Link: http://blamezeusofficial.com/ ——————————————————- If you’re in a band and you’d like to be considered to be played on the Disciples of the Watch podcast, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org
——————————————————- NEXT EPISODE ——————————————————-
In our next episode, we’re going to visit Slayer’s catalog and rank them from ‘worst to best’.
In this episode we’ll discuss some current events, well check in to see what Nate’s been listening to lately, we’ll enjoy some independent music from Jason Rodriguez and Hollow, and we’ll wrap the show discussing Loudwire.com’s list of 25 Worst Albums by Legendary Metal & Hard Rock Bands.
——————————————————- What’s Nate been listening to? ——————————————————- Artist: Mastadon Album: Crack The Skye Song: The Czar: Usurper/Escape/Martyr/Spiral
——————————————————- CURRENT EVENTS ——————————————————-
——————————————————- INDEPENDENT INTERMISSION ——————————————————- SONG 1Artist: Jason Rodriguez Location: Tampa, FL – USA from the Album: Heartstringsthe Song is: Reciprocate Link: https://www.jrodriguezmusic.com ——————————————————-
——————————————————- INDEPENDENT INTERMISSION ——————————————————- SONG 2 Artist: Hollow Location: Umeå, Sweden from the Album: Between Eternities of Darkness the Song is: The Road I’m OnLink: https://www.facebook.com/hollowsweden
——————————————————- If you’re in a band and you’d like to be considered to be played on the Disciples of the Watch podcast, please email us at email@example.com ——————————————————
In this episode we’ll discuss current events, what’s Nate been listening to, independent music from Éohum and St. James, we’ll discuss some tidbits from the music-related podcast community in the Podcast Roundup, and we’ll wrap the show discussing the 21 Highest-Selling Metal Albums of 2016.
– Metallica, Hardwired… To Self Destruct (Blackened Recordings)
– 516,000 sold
– Disturbed, Immortalized (Reprise)
– 298,000 sold
– Metallica, Metallica (Blackened Recordings)
– 267,500 sold
– Metallica, Master of Puppets (Blackened Recordings)
– 163,000 sold
– Metallica, …And Justice For All (Blackened Recordings)
– 155,000 sold
– Metallica, Ride the Lightning (Blackened Recordings)
– 153,000 sold
– Megadeth, Dystopia (Tradecraft/uME)
– 148,000 sold
– Five Finger Death Punch, Got Your Six (Prospect Park)
– 146,500 sold
– Avenged Sevenfold, The Stage (Capitol)
– 144,000 sold
– Guns N’ Roses, Greatest Hits (Interscope/Geffen)
– 138,000 sold
– Deftones, Gore (Reprise)
– 133,000 sold
– Volbeat, Seal the Deal & Lets Boogie (Republic)
– 123,000 sold
– AC/DC, Back in Black (Columbia)
– 117,000 sold
– Guns N’ Roses, Appetite For Destruction (Interscope/Geffen)
– 115,000 sold
– Nirvana, Nevermind (Interscope/DGC)
– 114,000 sold
– Trans-Siberian Orchestra, The Ghosts of Christmas Eve (Atlantic)
– 113,000 sold
– Shinedown, Threat to Survival (Atlantic)
– 110,000 sold
– Pierce the Veil, Misadventures (Fearless)
– 105,000 sold
– Metallica, Kill ’em All (Blackened Recordings)
– 104,000 sold
– A Day To Remember, Bad Vibrations (ADTR)
– 102,000 sold
– Korn, The Serenity of Suffering (Roadrunner)
– 100,000 sold
Don’t forget to use our Amazon link on our website and support the show by shopping via Amazon without costing you any extra.
Artist: Gun’s N Roses
Album: Appetite For Destruction
Song: Rocket Queen
Buy now on Amazon:
In this episode we’ll discuss current events, what’s Nate been listening to, independent music from Demise of the Crown and Seventh Calling, we’ll discuss some tidbits from the music-related podcast community in the Podcast Roundup, and we’ll wrap the show discussing Bobby ‘Blitz’ Ellsworth top 10 favorite Overkill songs to OUR top 10 Overkill songs!
If you’re in a band and you’d like to be considered to be played on the Disciples of the Watch podcast, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
FINAL DISCUSSION TOPIC or SEGMENT:
——————————————————- The 10 best Overkill songs by Bobby ‘Blitz’ Ellsworth http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-12-14/10-best-overkill-songs
10. NECROSHINE (Necroshine, 1999)
9. PLAYING WITH SPIDERS/SKULLKRUSHER (Years Of Decay, 1989)
8. GASOLINE DREAM (W.F.O., 1994)
7. COMA (Horrorscope, 1991)
6. LONG TIME DYIN’ (The Underground And Below, 1997)
5. ROTTEN TO THE CORE (Feel The Fire, 1985)
4. IRONBOUND (Ironbound, 2010)
3. ELECTRIC RATTLESNAKE (The Electric Age, 2012)
2. DRUNKEN WISDOM (Under The Influence, Atlantic 1988)
1. BITTER PILL (White Devil Armory, 2014)
Nate’s List (in order of release): 10. Feel The Fire (Feel The Fire, 1985)
9. Wrecking Crew (Taking Over, 1987)
8. Drunken Wisdom (Under The Influence, 1988)
7. Playing With Spiders/Skullcrusher (The Years Of Decay, 1989)
6. Elimination (The Years Of Decay, 1989)
5. Coma (Horrorscope, 1991)
4. Burn You Down/To Ashes (The Killing Kind, 1996)
3. Save Me (From The Underground and Below, 1997
2. Necroshine (Necroshine, 1999)
1. Skull and Bones (Immortalis, 2007)
Gene’s List (an actual top 10):
10. Powersurge – Taking Over – 1987
9. Hello From The Gutter – Under The Influence – 1988
8. Playing With Spiders / Skullkrusher – The Years Of Decay – 1989
7. Head First – Under The Influence – 1988
6. Elimination – The Years Of Decay – 1989
5. The Green and Black – Ironbound – 2010
4. Battle – The Killing Kind – 1996
3. Gasoline Dream – W.F.O. – 1994
2. Burn You Down/To Ashes – The Killing Kind – 1996
1. Ironbound – Ironbound – 2010
Album: The Grinding Wheel
Song: Our Finest Hour
Preorder now on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2i7f1yl
In this episode we’ll discuss current events, what’s Nate been listening to, independent music from Grotesque Ceremonium and Rapheumet’s Well, we’ll discuss some tidbits from the music-related podcast community in the Podcast Roundup, and we’ll wrap the show discussing Black Sabbath’s 13 vs. Heaven and Hell’s ‘The Devil You Know.’ R. I . P . Andrew Rehberger, founder of Tridriod Records
——————————————————- Groove: The Notreble.com podcast:http://www.notreble.com/podcast/
Rudy Sarzo! Rudy talks Randy Rhodes, Ozzy, Whitesnake, Blue Oyster Cult, etc. etc. Highly Recommend this episode!
No Guitar is Safe:https://soundcloud.com/guitar-player-magazine
Jude Gold brings us an interview with Mike Keneally who’s played with not only Frank Zappa, he’s sang on one of the Metalocalypse albums and toured with the actual live band! A great interview with lots of odd music – and some Deathklok!
Ritual Madness Podcast:http://www.ritualmadnesspodcast.com/
Episode #142, Langen, Writer For ” Girl At The Rock Shows ” Blog is not available, and Greg will be running his live broadcast this Friday November 11th with the band ‘The Culture Of.’ Listen live and chat along if you can, and download of the episode will be available sometime in the near future.
Just a reminder that November 26th will be the next RMP show at Lee’s Liquor Lounge in MPLS. The night of heavy will contain the following bands:
Beauty of Decay
Murder in the House of God
Talk is Jericho Podcast:http://www.podcastone.com/Talk-Is-Jericho
Chris had a couple of episodes with Avenged 7X, but I didn’t care to listen to them. If you’re interested, they’re up there. More importantly, Chris had ALICE COOPER on discussing the early years, and Alice running for President.
Emily Strigl makes her return with an interview with Marq from ‘The Bullet Boys’ that was fun, and on ep. 634 Mark Strigl interviews Erik Turner of Warrant, and on the most recent episode he interviews Slaves on Dope.
The Eddie Trunk Podcast:http://podcastone.com/Eddie-Trunk-Podcast
Eddie had on the boys from Alter Bridge, and on his most recent offering he had a couple of short interviews – Jon Bon Jovi and Micheal Anthony of Van Halen and Chickenfoot fame!
WTF with Marc Maron:http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast
Well, Marc Maron has outdone himself yet again. This time, he gets some one-on-one time with the one and only Roger Waters! EXCELLENT interview that I highly recommend!
If you have a podcast or have a favorite one that you’d like to turn Gene on to, please email me a link at email@example.com!
What’s Nate been listening to?
Artist: James Gang
Album: Rides Again
Song: The Bomber: A-Closet Queen, B-Bolero, C-Cast Your Fate To The Wind
Buy now on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2fKHWWM
If you have any news you’d like to share regarding your band please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
INDEPENDENT ARTIST INTERMISSION #2
Artist: Rapheumet’s Well
Location: Hickory, North Carolina – USA
from the Album: The Exile
the Song is: Crucible of Titans
Buy now on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2fzorAE
If you’re in a band and you’d like to be considered to be played on the Disciples of the Watch podcast, please email us at email@example.com
FINAL DISCUSSION TOPIC or SEGMENT:
Heaven and Hell – The Devil You Know vs. Black Sabbath’s ’13’
Artist: Heaven and Hell
Album: Devil You Know
Song: Bible Black
Buy now on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2fZEZXw
In this episode we discuss current events, what’s Nate been listening to, independent music from DEATH IS THE NAVIGATOR from Southampton in the UK and SOULSTORM out of Canada, and we’ll wrap the show some tidbits from the music-related podcast community in the Podcast Roundup!
RIP Keith Emerson
Also, former BLUE MURDER Keyboardist NIK GREEN died after his battle With cancer.
6. There is still time to get your submissions in for the Ellefson Music Porudction’s UNDERGROUND SAMPLER! 20 unsigned artists will be chosen to be on a sampler released internationally, and inside EVERY EMP Label Group release!
Submission is easy. Upload your track to Soundcloud or Reverbnation, and submit it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject EMP UNDERGROUND!
Commented vocalist/guitarist Gabe Tachell about the song:
“One of our most progressive and somewhat psychedelic songs, it’s about a fucked up nightmare I had.”
‘An Outsider’ is the follow up to RHINE’s 2011 debut ‘Duality’, which was first a solo effort by band founder Gabriel Tachell (guitar and vocals) whom is now joined by Alex Smolin on guitar (ex-Metameric), James Porter on bass (Ideofone), and Carlos Delgado (Inferion, ex-Death Crowned King) to collaborate on this project.
Seattle’s Rhine are seamlessly connecting German thrash metal with Swedish death metal much like their namesake, the Rhine River. The founder of the group Gabriel Tachell named it such for its simplicity and as a metaphor for fluidity and change.
2. Manitou Springs, CO based AKHENATEN is a Middle Eastern black/ death metal project created in 2012 by the Houseman brothers as a side hobby to their full time band Helleborus. With all music arranged by Jerred and vocals done by his brother Wyatt, the duo are now are offering fans a FREE download of their track ‘Ninurta: The Fall Of Anzu’ from their recently released debut album ‘Incantations Through the Gates of Irkalla’ via Satanath Records (Russia), Murdher Records (Italy) along with Darzamadicus Records (Macedonia).
‘As a token of our appreciation regarding the positive feedback surrounding this release, we are offering you all a free download of Ninurta: The Fall Of Anzu. Soon we will have shirts available with the accompanying illustrations by Dymond Starr. The artwork is a visual reflection the track as it depicts Ninurta slaying Anzu.’ comments vocalist Wyatt Houseman.
3. Hey – Any Canadian bands out there tuning in? Want to play in Cuba? Well, you have a chance to win a slot on the Brutal Brutal Battle Cuba tour! Submissions are now open for independent Canadian metal bands in Oshawa, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec, Fredericton and Moncton to submit to this year’s first ever competition. One group will win a performing slot on this year’s 2016 BRUTAL SUMMER FEST TOUR line up where they will be playing in front hundreds of Cuban metalheads each night.
“We have been working on this project for a while and we are really excited that it is finally happening! It’s a great opportunity for bands to experience touring outside of Canada and getting the chance to share the stage with international bands. Chase Wilson and I were part of the first Canadian metal band to tour Cuba in 2014. The cultural immersion as well as the musical experience really makes it a Brutal Fest!” comments BBC organizer Rich O’Neil.
4. Unbowed to release Dogma February 12th, 2016. With Dogma, the follow-up to Unbowed’s 2014 debut full-length, Collapse The World, certainly reflects the deeper meaning of the band’s monicker. The songs contained wiithin are eloquent, forceful, and wholly unyielding. The somber atmosphere of Black Metal is apparent whilst the band bludgeons into thick, suffocating Death Metal riffing. With your head already reeling, the band tears open the fabric of reality with soaring Orchestral and Symphonic elements that takes the listener from purgatory to paradise, all in the same fleeting moments. From acoustic guitars and grand pianos to choir ensembles and harps, this is a Metal release that pushes the boundaries of what an up-and-coming band can already be. On top of all this, the entire EP is self-produced. Written, recorded, mixed, and mastered entirely by the two founding members.
5. Toronto, ON Canadian metal band CAYM announce they will hitting the studio this February and March with Joe Duplantier of Gojira to produce their new yet to be titled album at his Silver Cord Studio in NYC. The new album will be the follow up to their 2013 release ‘From Red To Black’, which is available for FREE download at https://soundcloud.com/caym-metal/sets/from-red-to-black
In addition to hitting the studio, the band has launched a crowd funding / pre-order campaign for the new album offering various rewards to fans that includes a private CAYM show in drag, a BBQ, limited special edition hard copies, choice of a pop song cover, disposable cams with one of a kind pics capturing their studio recording, custom beer mugs, a workout with the band, used and signed gear from the recording along with many more perks all listed below and available at https://www.gofundme.com/caymalbum
6. Nefarious Realm Offers Up WORMWITCH Single ‘Coffin Birth’ As Sacrifice To The Altar Of Black Metal!
Black Metal newcomers WORMWITCH are offering their debut single for exclusive stream and download through Nefarious Realm.com for 2016. Their song ‘Coffin Birth’ will not be featured on their next EP, which has yet to receive a title. The new single offers a background to their transition from hardcore into Black Metal and touches on their Canadian influence from the infamous climate.
“Coffin Birth is the first song that Wormwitch has written under its name, and is the truest culmination of the band’s vision to date. The standalone covers themes of death and rebirth and the constant struggle of man versus nature; wherein nature exercises its timeless power to cast the blight of mankind into the endless void.” – Robin Harris (guitar/vocals)
The band has offered this song for free to everyone and will be announcing the release of their EP later this year.
7. Canada’s epic metal quartet and 2015 Wacken Metal Battle Champions VESPERIA announce they will be entering Blue Sound & Music Studios in Toronto, Canada this March to record their followup to 2015’s The Iron Tempests EP. Helming the project will be engineer/ producer Russ Mackay (Mastodon, Iron Maiden, Styx). The new album will feature an array of famous Canadian guest musicians and the art will be created by Juno award-winning artist Hugh Syme (Rush, Nevermore, Dream Theatre).
The Indiegogo campaign will give fans many special and unique perks for their contributions, including mead made by the band’s frontman Morgan Rider, Vesperia drinking horns, album pre-releases, the bands stage banners and much more! For all details and to contribute, please visit the following link: https://www.indiegogo.com/at/new-vesperia-album
The band comments:
“With the new year comes much and more from the Vesperia camp! We have been labouring away diligently behind the scenes to breath life into what will be our largest and most ambitious project to date! But to realize our ambitions, we are turning to you: our dear fans, family and friends for help in this new endeavour.
We decided that a crowdfunding campaign made the most sense to raise the necessary funds for our new album while allowing us the opportunity to give back to everyone who has helped build Vesperia to what it is today! We have crafted some truly unique gifts, perks and experiences to make this an incredibly special adventure for everyone. We cant wait to show you what we have in store!”
In additional news, VESPERIA will be supporting Finnish metal masters KALMAH’s 2016 cross Canada tour from April 4th – 24th.
8. Seattle, WA thrashers FALLEN ANGELS have teamed up with Revolver Magazine for the stream of their latest single ‘Into The Abyss’in support of their third studio release ‘World In Decay’ produced by Grammy award winning metal producer/engineer Michael Rosen (Forbidden, Testament, Death Angel, Flotsam and Jetsam, Tesla, Vicious Rumors).
9. Texas Metal Underground (TMU) Records have released their first ever free digital music sampler featuring one full mp3 song from their entire re-issued curated catalog releases.
TMU Records has provided the following mission statement:
Since 2008, TMU Records has been unearthing lost and unheard musical gems from the fertile underground Texas metal scene of the mid 1980’s through the early 1990’s.
To preserve and share this heavy musical legacy, the label focuses primarily on bands who burned bright, briefly, but disappeared without a trace before anyone could take much notice. Bands who managed to get a demo recorded but for reasons unknown never shared it beyond a close circle of friends and fans.
Whether on vinyl, CD, or cassette, all TMU Records releases are given lavish treatment with custom packaging, unseen photos, show flyers, interviews, informative booklets, rare bonus tracks and extras for the denim and leather die-hards.
For our final song, it’s Stuck in a Car, Stuck with a CD time! Bill from Metalsota – check them out at https://www.facebook.com/Metalsota for information on bands and local shows!
Artist: American Headcharge
Album: The War of Art
Song: Never Get Caught
A show about Hard Rock and Heavy Metal music and news, both Independent and the 'Big Time' bands!