In this episode we’ll discuss current events, Nate’s going to share a tune, we’ll enjoy some independent music from Mad Symphony and Lowrider, then we’ll wrap the show The 30 albums that built heavy metal!
What’s Nate been listening to?
Artist: Beherit Album: Drawing Down the Moon Song: Sadomatic Rites
In this episode we discuss current events, what’s Nate been listening to, independent music from DEATH IS THE NAVIGATOR from Southampton in the UK and SOULSTORM out of Canada, and we’ll wrap the show some tidbits from the music-related podcast community in the Podcast Roundup!
RIP Keith Emerson
Also, former BLUE MURDER Keyboardist NIK GREEN died after his battle With cancer.
6. There is still time to get your submissions in for the Ellefson Music Porudction’s UNDERGROUND SAMPLER! 20 unsigned artists will be chosen to be on a sampler released internationally, and inside EVERY EMP Label Group release!
Submission is easy. Upload your track to Soundcloud or Reverbnation, and submit it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject EMP UNDERGROUND!
This episode we’ll discuss current events, what’s Nate been listening to, independent music from Dogmatic Absolution, we lay out our top 10 Anthrax songs along with our special guest and stuck in a car, stuck with a CD participant Matt Lawson!
Top of the show topics:
*Whitesnake “The Purple Album” (Stand out songs):
Holy Man (Vocals fall a little flat from the original which made it hard to get into at 1st)
Stormbringer (Same comment as above)
*Duff McKagan on Adam Carolla’s podcast
*Henry Rollin’s podcast is getting better. I’d recommend ‘Rollins band pts. 1 & 2’ as well as ‘Mr. Pepperman’ episodes.
4. DEICIDE’s Denver Concert To Be Streamed On YAHOO! http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/deicides-denver-concert-to-be-streamed-on-yahoo/
SONG INTERMISSION (Featured Independent):
Artist: Dogmatic Absolution
Album: Poetries of Oppression
Song: Poetries of Oppression
Notes: Dogmatic Absolution was born at the end of 2011, in Finale Emilia, a small town near Modena, Italy. The band was created by the ex-bassist Amnesia and the guitarist El. The band will be releasing “Poetries of Oppression” in June 2015.
8. Paralysis from Long Valley, New Jersey have released a live performance video of their new song ‘Vitriolic Transgression’ and they want you to watch it and offer your opinions on the track. It will be available on their upcoming-yet-untitled release that doesn’t have a release date.
If you have any news you’d like to share regarding your band please email us at email@example.com
ANTHRAX TOP 10!!
10. Madhouse – Spreading The Disease
9. Misery Loves Company – State Of Euphoria
8. Skeletons in the Closet – Among the Living
7. Black Lodge – Sound of White Noise
6. Indians – Among The Living
5. Got The Time – Persistence Of Time
4. Antisocial – State Of Euphoria
3. I Am The Law – Among The Living
2. NFL (Efilnikufesin) – Among The Living
1. Caught In A Mosh – Among The Living
10. Armed And Dangerous – Spreading The Disease
9. A Skeleton In The Closet – Among The Living
8. Antisocial – State Of Euphoria
7. Lone Justice – Spreading The Disease
6. Among The Living – Among The Living
5. Madhouse – Spreading The Disease
4. AIR – Spreading The Disease
3. Caught In A Mosh – Among The Living
2. Black Lodge – The Sound Of White Noise
1. Intro To Reality/Belly Of The Beast – Persistence Of Time
10. Howling Furies – Fistful of Metal
9. Metal Thrashing Mad – Fistful of Metal
8. Madhouse – Spreading the Disease
7. Among The Living – Among the Living
6. Caught In The Mosh – Among the Living
5. In My World – Persistence of Time
4. Armed And Dangerous – Spreading the Disease
3. Potters Field – Sound of White Noise
2. Only – Sound of White Noise
1. Black Lodge – Sound of White Noise
Honorable mention to Safe Home from ‘We’ve Come for you All’. I had a really hard time pulling that from my top 10.
You can email Nate at his Disciples of the Watch email address firstname.lastname@example.org or Gene using email@example.com. You can also visit us at http://www.dotwpod.com and leave comments there. Also hit us up on Facebook by searching for Disciples of the Watch Podcast and follow us on Twitter @dotwpod.
Stuck in a car, stuck with a CD!!
Matt’s pick: King Diamond – Conspiracy
Artist: Kind Diamond
This episode we’ll discuss current events, what’s Nate been listening to, independent music from Minneapolis’ own Red Desert, the return of Huffing the Ass of Fame, and we’ll pick our top 10 Metallica songs.
2 Minute Metal Meltdown:
1* The boys of Super Duper Alice Cooper win two CSAs!! Best feature doc and best doc editing. Sam Dunn, we salute you!
4* Digital Music News tells you with 7 reasons why no one is coming to your shows, and here they are:
1) You suck
2) You Play Out Too Damn Often
3) It’s Not An Event
4) You Aren’t Selling Advance Tickets
5) You Think The Venue Will Promote
6) You Rely Solely On Facebook
7) You Aren’t Going Out Into The World
11* Stone Sour set to release covers alum “Meanwhile in Burbank and it will feature the following songs:
01. We Die Young (ALICE IN CHAINS)
02. Heading Out To The Highway (JUDAS PRIEST)
03. Love Gun (KISS)
04. Creeping Death (METALLICA)
05. Children Of The Grave (BLACK SABBATH)
SONG INTERMISSION (Featured Independent):
Artist: Red Desert
Album: Damned by Fate
Song: Slow Kill
Notes: Red Desert hail from Minneapolis, Minnesota. Damned by Fate was released August 3rd, 2012 and was recorded and engineered by Adam Tucker at Signaturetone Recording in Richfield MN. You can check Red Desert out at http://www.reddesertmpls.com/.
If you’re in a band and you’d like to be considered to be played on the Disciples of the Watch podcast, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Zerobudget Records is proud to welcome Cantharone to our ranks! www.zerobudgetrecords.com
1. Master Of Puppets (taken from Master Of Puppets, 1986)
2. One (taken from …And Justice For All, 1988)
3. Disposable Heroes (taken from Master Of Puppets, 1986)
4. Blackened (taken from …And Justice For All, 1988)
5. Orion (Instrumental) (taken from Master Of Puppets, 1986)
6. Creeping Death (taken from Ride The Lightning, 1984)
7. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (taken from Master Of Puppets, 1986)
8. For Whom The Bell Tolls (taken from Ride The Lightning, 1984)
9. The Four Horsemen (taken from Kill ‘Em All, 1983)
10. Fade To Black (taken from Ride The Lightning, 1984)
Gene’s top 10:
1. Master of Puppets (Master of Puppets – 1)
2. Battery (Master of Puppets – x)
3. Damage, Inc. (Master of Puppets – x)
4. Blackened (…And Justice for All – 4)
5. …And Justice for All (…And Justice for All – x)
6. The Thing that Should Not Be (Master of Puppets – x)
7. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (Master of Puppets – 7)
8. One (…And Justice for All – 2)
9. Creeping Death (Ride the Lightning – 6)
10. Fight Fire With Fire (Ride the Lightning – x)
Nate’s Top 10: (In order of album release)
1. Four Horsemen (Kill Em All)
2. Phantom Lord (Kill Em All)
3. Seek And Destroy (Kill Em All)
4. Ride The Lightening (Ride The Lightening)
5. Fade To Black (Ride The Lightening)
6. Escape (Ride The Lightening)
7. Master Of Puppets (Master Of Puppets)
8. Orion (Master Of Puppets)
9. Blackened (And Justice For All)
10. To Live Is To Die (And Justice For All)
Album: Through Silver in Blood
Song: Locust Star
Neurosis is a post-metal band, based out of Oakland, California. They formed in 1985 as a hardcore punk band, and their sound progressed towards a doom metal style that also included influences from dark ambient and industrial music as well as incorporating elements of folk music. Terrorizer Magazine described Neurosis as “arguably the most influential band of the past two decades.” Through Silver in Blood is the band’s 5th studio album. Enjoy!
* Tom Araya claimed that many of the songs on the album were inspired by watching TV. And was also inspired by hating life.
* This was the longest gap the band had ever had between studio albums. Divine Intervention came out fours tears after Seasons In The Abyss.
* If you look at the sleeve it has the words Satan Laughs As You Eternally Rot. The band previously used this phrase on Show No Mercy.
* This was the first Slayer album to make it into the US Top Ten, peaking at number eight.
* The song 213 was the first love song the band had ever done. But the title comes from the number of serial killer Jeffery Dahmer’s old apartment.
* The cover artwork was done by Wes Benscoter, who has also done sleeves for Black Sabbath, Cattle Decapitation, Kreator and Nile.
* The album was banned in Germany for its explicit lyrics.
* The band’s Divine Intervention tour started on November 6, 1994 in Dublin and ended on April 11, 1995 in Honolulu.
* One for Hawkwind fans. The assistant engineer on the album was Dave Brock. Could this have been the famed Hawkman?
What’s Nate been listening to?
Album: Spreading The Disease
Song: Armed And Dangerous
5. Neil Turbin, formerly of Anthrax and currently of Deathriders, will be filling in on vocals for Onslaught on their North American ‘Thrash Invasion’ tour. Sy Keeler, the band’s current vocalist, had to pull off of the tour due to the health of his ailing son.
6. Reverend Poky Bunge semi-retirement
Huffing the Ass of Fame, Episode #2.
STUCK in a car, STUCK with a CD featuring Jesse Malone, the vocalist from Piranha!
A show about Hard Rock and Heavy Metal music and news, both Independent and the 'Big Time' bands!