Album: Dark Roots of the Earth
Former RAINBOW/DIO Bassist JIMMY BAIN Dead At 68
2 Minute Metal Meltdown:
1. Geezer Butler Wouldn’t Say No to Making Another Sabbath Album
2. Statue Of AC/DC Singer BON SCOTT Given The Go-Ahead
3. Reunited NASTY SAVAGE To Record New Album
4. METAL CHURCH To Release ‘XI’ Album In March
5. Exodus make official statement regarding Fortaleza concert cancellation:
6. DEEP PURPLE’s IAN PAICE Talks Next Album: ‘We’ve Got Plenty Of Material, Probably More Than We Need’
7. MAYHEM To Go ‘Very Old School’ On Next Album
8. Anthrax featured in the National Museum of American History’s YouTube channel:
9. SATYRICON Frontman Regrets “Wasting Time” Playing Small Clubs In The Midwest
10. METAL CHURCH “NO TOMORROW” / OFFICIAL VIDEO now available from upcoming release!
11. Comedian JIM BREUER To Release Hard Rock/Metal Album Through METAL BLADE
12. RESURRECTION KINGS Feat. VINNY APPICE, CRAIG GOLDY: ‘Path Of Love’ and ‘Distant Prayer’ Songs Now Streaming
13. Former BLACK SABBATH Singer TONY MARTIN May Work With TONY IOMMI Again
14. Documentary About TWISTED SISTER’s Early Days Gets Nationwide Theatrical Release Date
15. Bruce Dickinson To Release Limited Edition Beer This Year
16. D.R.I. New EP Teaser Now Available!
17. THE WINERY DOGS: Previously Unreleased Cover Version Of DAVID BOWIE’s ‘Moonage Daydream’ Posted Online
18. MICHAEL ANTHONY Shoots Down VAN HALEN Reunion Rumors
19. IRON MAIDEN To Launch Legacy of the Beast Mobile Video Game
20. Long-Running U.K. Record Label CANDLELIGHT Acquired By SPINEFARM
21. BLACK SABBATH’s TONY IOMMI On ‘The End’ Tour: It’s Gonna Be Hard At The End To Suddenly Say, ‘That’s It’
22. BLACK SABBATH’s TONY IOMMI Receives ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ From National Guitar Museum
23. DEFTONES Confirm ‘Gore’ Album Title, Tease New Song
24. JOE ELLIOTT Forced To Sit Out DEF LEPPARD Cruise Show; LAST IN LINE, MR. BIG, WINGER Singers Step In
25. SLIPKNOT’s COREY TAYLOR Would Still Love To Collaborate With EMINEM
26. MEGADETH’s ‘Dystopia’ Projected To Sell 43K-48K First Week
27. SLAYER/EXODUS Guitarist Gary Holt Unveils New Guitar Painted In His Own Blood
28. METALLICA’s LARS ULRICH To Induct DEEP PURPLE Into ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME?
In The Studio with Redbeard has an episode discussing the 45-year Anniversary of Black Sabbath’s ‘Paranoid’ album.
Ritual Madness podcast with Twin Town Tyrant Records was great and informative on their mission. Great local music, too.
Greg Fitzsimmons’ podcast with Henry Rollins – EXCELLENT episode regarding his travels.
Dave Mustaine on Eddie Trunk’s podcast, excellent episode.
What’s Nate been listening to?
Album: Far Beyond Driven
Song: Shedding Skin
1. Phil Anselmo Plays Down White Power Gesture
PHILIP ANSELMO Denies Being Racist After ‘White Power’ Shoutout At ‘Dimebash’ Event
Editorial: The Metal Community Must Stop Letting Phil Anselmo Off the Hook for His Racist Remarks
Phil Anselmo Was Drinking White Wine the Night of Dimebash
Rob Flynn from Machine Head denies white wine was there, Phil didin’t like “Nigger-Era Machine Head”:
Philip Anselmo sieg heiling in front of Machine Head’s Robb Flynn during “A New Level” as Flynn mentioned during his video message posted earlier today that is a MUST WATCH.
Racist Rant March 1995
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxQk3DC3gL0 (Pt. 1)
MTV Piece on Pantera/Phil’s Racism: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5JMFFk-kqs
Phil’s ANTI-RACIST rant:
The ‘Smart Metal Show:’ Is PANTERA’s Phil Anselmo Racist? – The Smart Metal Show (Ep. 7) | MetalSucks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBRpFrlT9V4
2. GEEZER BUTLER Says BILL WARD Turned Down Offer To Play At BLACK SABBATH’s Final Show
BLACK SABBATH’s GEEZER BUTLER Apologizes To BILL WARD
BILL WARD: ‘I Never Received An Offer To Play The Final Show’ Of BLACK SABBATH’s Farewell Tour
3. ERIC PETERSON Says New TESTAMENT Material Is ‘A Lot Quicker’ And ‘A Lot More Melodic’
4. MEGADETH’s DAVE MUSTAINE Is Reconsidering His Decision To Never Play ‘The Conjuring’ Again
5. Lemmy’s Official Cause of Death Revealed
For our intermission, we’re going to play for you some ‘A Red Nightmare’ from Brazil and immediately after that we’ve got some ‘Wilt’ from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada.
Artist: A Red Nightmare
from the Album: A Red Nightmare
the Song is: Enemy
from the Album: Moving Monoliths
the Song is: Moving Monoliths
If you’re in a band and you’d like to be considered to be played on the Disciples of the Watch podcast, please email us at email@example.com
1. Seattle’s RHINE have teamed up with Invisible Oranges for the premiere of the new track and fourth single ‘Dreaming of Death’ off their upcoming album ‘An Outsider’ due out on February 5th, 2016.
Commented vocalist/guitarist Gabe Tachell about the song:
“One of our most progressive and somewhat psychedelic songs, it’s about a fucked up nightmare I had.”
‘An Outsider’ is the follow up to RHINE’s 2011 debut ‘Duality’, which was first a solo effort by band founder Gabriel Tachell (guitar and vocals) whom is now joined by Alex Smolin on guitar (ex-Metameric), James Porter on bass (Ideofone), and Carlos Delgado (Inferion, ex-Death Crowned King) to collaborate on this project.
Seattle’s Rhine are seamlessly connecting German thrash metal with Swedish death metal much like their namesake, the Rhine River. The founder of the group Gabriel Tachell named it such for its simplicity and as a metaphor for fluidity and change.
Check out http://www.RhineOfficial.com for more info
2. Manitou Springs, CO based AKHENATEN is a Middle Eastern black/ death metal project created in 2012 by the Houseman brothers as a side hobby to their full time band Helleborus. With all music arranged by Jerred and vocals done by his brother Wyatt, the duo are now are offering fans a FREE download of their track ‘Ninurta: The Fall Of Anzu’ from their recently released debut album ‘Incantations Through the Gates of Irkalla’ via Satanath Records (Russia), Murdher Records (Italy) along with Darzamadicus Records (Macedonia).
‘As a token of our appreciation regarding the positive feedback surrounding this release, we are offering you all a free download of Ninurta: The Fall Of Anzu. Soon we will have shirts available with the accompanying illustrations by Dymond Starr. The artwork is a visual reflection the track as it depicts Ninurta slaying Anzu.’ comments vocalist Wyatt Houseman.
3. Hey – Any Canadian bands out there tuning in? Want to play in Cuba? Well, you have a chance to win a slot on the Brutal Brutal Battle Cuba tour! Submissions are now open for independent Canadian metal bands in Oshawa, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec, Fredericton and Moncton to submit to this year’s first ever competition. One group will win a performing slot on this year’s 2016 BRUTAL SUMMER FEST TOUR line up where they will be playing in front hundreds of Cuban metalheads each night.
“We have been working on this project for a while and we are really excited that it is finally happening! It’s a great opportunity for bands to experience touring outside of Canada and getting the chance to share the stage with international bands. Chase Wilson and I were part of the first Canadian metal band to tour Cuba in 2014. The cultural immersion as well as the musical experience really makes it a Brutal Fest!” comments BBC organizer Rich O’Neil.
For full submission details and rules, please visit the following link (deadline to submit application is February 10 at 11:59pm EST): http://www.piranhaproductions.ca/soumission.php
4. Unbowed to release Dogma February 12th, 2016. With Dogma, the follow-up to Unbowed’s 2014 debut full-length, Collapse The World, certainly reflects the deeper meaning of the band’s monicker. The songs contained wiithin are eloquent, forceful, and wholly unyielding. The somber atmosphere of Black Metal is apparent whilst the band bludgeons into thick, suffocating Death Metal riffing. With your head already reeling, the band tears open the fabric of reality with soaring Orchestral and Symphonic elements that takes the listener from purgatory to paradise, all in the same fleeting moments. From acoustic guitars and grand pianos to choir ensembles and harps, this is a Metal release that pushes the boundaries of what an up-and-coming band can already be. On top of all this, the entire EP is self-produced. Written, recorded, mixed, and mastered entirely by the two founding members.
5. Toronto, ON Canadian metal band CAYM announce they will hitting the studio this February and March with Joe Duplantier of Gojira to produce their new yet to be titled album at his Silver Cord Studio in NYC. The new album will be the follow up to their 2013 release ‘From Red To Black’, which is available for FREE download at https://soundcloud.com/caym-metal/sets/from-red-to-black
In addition to hitting the studio, the band has launched a crowd funding / pre-order campaign for the new album offering various rewards to fans that includes a private CAYM show in drag, a BBQ, limited special edition hard copies, choice of a pop song cover, disposable cams with one of a kind pics capturing their studio recording, custom beer mugs, a workout with the band, used and signed gear from the recording along with many more perks all listed below and available at https://www.gofundme.com/caymalbum
For more information on CAYM, visit http://www.CaymMetal.com
6. Nefarious Realm Offers Up WORMWITCH Single ‘Coffin Birth’ As Sacrifice To The Altar Of Black Metal!
Black Metal newcomers WORMWITCH are offering their debut single for exclusive stream and download through Nefarious Realm.com for 2016. Their song ‘Coffin Birth’ will not be featured on their next EP, which has yet to receive a title. The new single offers a background to their transition from hardcore into Black Metal and touches on their Canadian influence from the infamous climate.
Nefarious Realm is streaming the single (http://nefariousrealm.com/666/premiere-vancouvers-most-wicked-black-metallers-wormwitch-offers-coffin-birth/) where you can also download the track.
“Coffin Birth is the first song that Wormwitch has written under its name, and is the truest culmination of the band’s vision to date. The standalone covers themes of death and rebirth and the constant struggle of man versus nature; wherein nature exercises its timeless power to cast the blight of mankind into the endless void.” – Robin Harris (guitar/vocals)
The band has offered this song for free to everyone and will be announcing the release of their EP later this year.
7. Canada’s epic metal quartet and 2015 Wacken Metal Battle Champions VESPERIA announce they will be entering Blue Sound & Music Studios in Toronto, Canada this March to record their followup to 2015’s The Iron Tempests EP. Helming the project will be engineer/ producer Russ Mackay (Mastodon, Iron Maiden, Styx). The new album will feature an array of famous Canadian guest musicians and the art will be created by Juno award-winning artist Hugh Syme (Rush, Nevermore, Dream Theatre).
The Indiegogo campaign will give fans many special and unique perks for their contributions, including mead made by the band’s frontman Morgan Rider, Vesperia drinking horns, album pre-releases, the bands stage banners and much more! For all details and to contribute, please visit the following link: https://www.indiegogo.com/at/new-vesperia-album
The band comments:
“With the new year comes much and more from the Vesperia camp! We have been labouring away diligently behind the scenes to breath life into what will be our largest and most ambitious project to date! But to realize our ambitions, we are turning to you: our dear fans, family and friends for help in this new endeavour.
We decided that a crowdfunding campaign made the most sense to raise the necessary funds for our new album while allowing us the opportunity to give back to everyone who has helped build Vesperia to what it is today! We have crafted some truly unique gifts, perks and experiences to make this an incredibly special adventure for everyone. We cant wait to show you what we have in store!”
In additional news, VESPERIA will be supporting Finnish metal masters KALMAH’s 2016 cross Canada tour from April 4th – 24th.
8. Seattle, WA thrashers FALLEN ANGELS have teamed up with Revolver Magazine for the stream of their latest single ‘Into The Abyss’in support of their third studio release ‘World In Decay’ produced by Grammy award winning metal producer/engineer Michael Rosen (Forbidden, Testament, Death Angel, Flotsam and Jetsam, Tesla, Vicious Rumors).
To listen to ‘Into The Abyss’, please visit the following link: http://www.revolvermag.com/news/fallen-angels-release-new-single-into-the-abyss.html
9. Texas Metal Underground (TMU) Records have released their first ever free digital music sampler featuring one full mp3 song from their entire re-issued curated catalog releases.
TMU Records has provided the following mission statement:
Since 2008, TMU Records has been unearthing lost and unheard musical gems from the fertile underground Texas metal scene of the mid 1980’s through the early 1990’s.
To preserve and share this heavy musical legacy, the label focuses primarily on bands who burned bright, briefly, but disappeared without a trace before anyone could take much notice. Bands who managed to get a demo recorded but for reasons unknown never shared it beyond a close circle of friends and fans.
Whether on vinyl, CD, or cassette, all TMU Records releases are given lavish treatment with custom packaging, unseen photos, show flyers, interviews, informative booklets, rare bonus tracks and extras for the denim and leather die-hards.
For 2016, look for upcoming deluxe vinyl releases from Karion, Las Cruces, Bad Heaven, SSR, and more!
If you have any news you’d like to share regarding your band please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
FINAL DISCUSSION TOPIC or SEGMENT:
10 Albums That Prove 1986 Was The Best Year For Thrash
If you have any comments or such you can email Nate at his Disciples of the Watch email address email@example.com or yours truly using firstname.lastname@example.org.
For our final song, it’s Stuck in a Car, Stuck with a CD time! Bill from Metalsota – check them out at https://www.facebook.com/Metalsota for information on bands and local shows!
Artist: American Headcharge
Album: The War of Art
Song: Never Get Caught