Episode 26 1/24/2015
Thank you for joining the Disciples of the Watch!
This episode we talk about current events, what’s Nate been listening to, independent music from Caveat as well as the return of Word Association!
Our top 10 Countries visited in 2014!
10 – Argentina
9 – Portugal
8 – Mexico
7 – Spain
6 – Russian Federation
5 – Chile
4 – United Kingdom
3 – Italy
2 – Brazil
1 – United States
Also, we’re almost at our one year anniversary! YAY US!
Another new NAPALM tune!
Kiss jumping on the Babymetal bandwagon
What’s Nate been listening to?
Album: Restless And Wild
Song: Fast As A Shark
First speed metal song?
1. All That Remains Frontman Phil Labonte Defends His Latest Comments about Racial and Gay Slurs.
2. Corey Taylor on Slipknot’s Success: “If we were just a band with an image, we’d not be as hot today.”
3. Slayer Guitarist Gary Holt Says “Implode” Doesn’t Even Touch Other Songs ON Band’s Next Album.
4. Queensryche frontman Todd La Torre says their new material is reminiscent of albums the band recorded in the 80s.
SONG INTERMISSION (Featured Independent):
Album: Kobayashi Maru
Notes: Caveat are a 3-piece outfit and they hail from Eau Claire, Wisconsin. You can check them out on Facebook and Bandcamp.
5. A Little Crazy Entertainment based out of the Twin Cities are going to be launching a new internet-based radio station. If you want your music played or if you’d like to cut an ID tag (This is blahblahblah from blahblahblah and you’re listening to A Little Crazy Radio) visit http://www.alittlecrazyentertainment.com
6. Tridroid Records has announced that on March 17 2015, they will be releasing Dissident Clone’s ‘State of Dysphoria’ as a digital only release. State of Dysphoria will contain 4 tracks that combine thrash, punk and metal. Dissident Clone will appeal to old-school metalheads in particular.
7. HELLSAKURA from “Dead City” – no idea which “Dead City” as their press kit is HORRIBLY constructed – have announced that they’re back in the studio to record the follow up to their release ‘Blood to Water.’ Check ’em out at http://www.hellsakura.com/
8. Nate – are you ready for something different? Tired of all of the same old, same old? Get ready for FLUMMOX! Tridroid Records has announced that they’ll be releasing Plummoxygen, Flummox’ follow up to 2012’s E.P. “The Mindrape.p.” Plummoxogen was recorded in late 2013 to early 2014 and was released independently by the band in August of 2014. It will now be available via Tridroid Records in the Spring of 2015, right when the band returns to the studio to record their next full-length album.
WORD ASSOCIATION TIME!!
For the last song for this episode, we had a special request from Nathan out of Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Artist: David Allan Coe
Album: Nothing Sacred
Song: Linda Lovelace