That’s right kids – it’s that time of the year where we’ll be jammin’ to the artists that we played last year. This will be our last ‘yearly’ post for independents as we’ll now be going to 2 times a year since you guys were so awesome and now we’re flooded with music!
Here’s a list of the artists played, followed by where in the world they are, followed by the name of the song. Please support any artists that you are interested in!
This episode we’ll discuss current events, what’s Nate been listening to, independent music from Minneapolis’ own Red Desert, the return of Huffing the Ass of Fame, and we’ll pick our top 10 Metallica songs.
2 Minute Metal Meltdown:
1* The boys of Super Duper Alice Cooper win two CSAs!! Best feature doc and best doc editing. Sam Dunn, we salute you!
4* Digital Music News tells you with 7 reasons why no one is coming to your shows, and here they are:
1) You suck
2) You Play Out Too Damn Often
3) It’s Not An Event
4) You Aren’t Selling Advance Tickets
5) You Think The Venue Will Promote
6) You Rely Solely On Facebook
7) You Aren’t Going Out Into The World
11* Stone Sour set to release covers alum “Meanwhile in Burbank and it will feature the following songs:
01. We Die Young (ALICE IN CHAINS)
02. Heading Out To The Highway (JUDAS PRIEST)
03. Love Gun (KISS)
04. Creeping Death (METALLICA)
05. Children Of The Grave (BLACK SABBATH)
SONG INTERMISSION (Featured Independent):
Artist: Red Desert
Album: Damned by Fate
Song: Slow Kill
Notes: Red Desert hail from Minneapolis, Minnesota. Damned by Fate was released August 3rd, 2012 and was recorded and engineered by Adam Tucker at Signaturetone Recording in Richfield MN. You can check Red Desert out at http://www.reddesertmpls.com/.
If you’re in a band and you’d like to be considered to be played on the Disciples of the Watch podcast, please email us at email@example.com
5. Zerobudget Records is proud to welcome Cantharone to our ranks! www.zerobudgetrecords.com
1. Master Of Puppets (taken from Master Of Puppets, 1986)
2. One (taken from …And Justice For All, 1988)
3. Disposable Heroes (taken from Master Of Puppets, 1986)
4. Blackened (taken from …And Justice For All, 1988)
5. Orion (Instrumental) (taken from Master Of Puppets, 1986)
6. Creeping Death (taken from Ride The Lightning, 1984)
7. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (taken from Master Of Puppets, 1986)
8. For Whom The Bell Tolls (taken from Ride The Lightning, 1984)
9. The Four Horsemen (taken from Kill ‘Em All, 1983)
10. Fade To Black (taken from Ride The Lightning, 1984)
Gene’s top 10:
1. Master of Puppets (Master of Puppets – 1)
2. Battery (Master of Puppets – x)
3. Damage, Inc. (Master of Puppets – x)
4. Blackened (…And Justice for All – 4)
5. …And Justice for All (…And Justice for All – x)
6. The Thing that Should Not Be (Master of Puppets – x)
7. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (Master of Puppets – 7)
8. One (…And Justice for All – 2)
9. Creeping Death (Ride the Lightning – 6)
10. Fight Fire With Fire (Ride the Lightning – x)
Nate’s Top 10: (In order of album release)
1. Four Horsemen (Kill Em All)
2. Phantom Lord (Kill Em All)
3. Seek And Destroy (Kill Em All)
4. Ride The Lightening (Ride The Lightening)
5. Fade To Black (Ride The Lightening)
6. Escape (Ride The Lightening)
7. Master Of Puppets (Master Of Puppets)
8. Orion (Master Of Puppets)
9. Blackened (And Justice For All)
10. To Live Is To Die (And Justice For All)
Album: Through Silver in Blood
Song: Locust Star
Neurosis is a post-metal band, based out of Oakland, California. They formed in 1985 as a hardcore punk band, and their sound progressed towards a doom metal style that also included influences from dark ambient and industrial music as well as incorporating elements of folk music. Terrorizer Magazine described Neurosis as “arguably the most influential band of the past two decades.” Through Silver in Blood is the band’s 5th studio album. Enjoy!
This episode we talk about current events, what’s Nate been listening to, independent music from Caveat as well as the return of Word Association!
Our top 10 Countries visited in 2014!
10 – Argentina
9 – Portugal
8 – Mexico
7 – Spain
6 – Russian Federation
5 – Chile
4 – United Kingdom
3 – Italy
2 – Brazil
1 – United States
Also, we’re almost at our one year anniversary! YAY US!
5. A Little Crazy Entertainment based out of the Twin Cities are going to be launching a new internet-based radio station. If you want your music played or if you’d like to cut an ID tag (This is blahblahblah from blahblahblah and you’re listening to A Little Crazy Radio) visit http://www.alittlecrazyentertainment.com
6. Tridroid Records has announced that on March 17 2015, they will be releasing Dissident Clone’s ‘State of Dysphoria’ as a digital only release. State of Dysphoria will contain 4 tracks that combine thrash, punk and metal. Dissident Clone will appeal to old-school metalheads in particular.
7. HELLSAKURA from “Dead City” – no idea which “Dead City” as their press kit is HORRIBLY constructed – have announced that they’re back in the studio to record the follow up to their release ‘Blood to Water.’ Check ’em out at http://www.hellsakura.com/
8. Nate – are you ready for something different? Tired of all of the same old, same old? Get ready for FLUMMOX! Tridroid Records has announced that they’ll be releasing Plummoxygen, Flummox’ follow up to 2012’s E.P. “The Mindrape.p.” Plummoxogen was recorded in late 2013 to early 2014 and was released independently by the band in August of 2014. It will now be available via Tridroid Records in the Spring of 2015, right when the band returns to the studio to record their next full-length album.
WORD ASSOCIATION TIME!!
For the last song for this episode, we had a special request from Nathan out of Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Artist: David Allan Coe
Album: Nothing Sacred
Song: Linda Lovelace
This episode we talk about current events, what’s Nate been listening to, independent music from Meridian from Santiago Chile, another Huffing the ass of Fame episode, as well as a selection of ‘Stuck in a Car, Stuck with a CD’ featuring Martyn Wilson of the band MORTIFICATOR, who is also a special guest co-host for today’s episode!
Jay Mohr interviews Henry Rollins on Mohr Stories Episode 259 – I highly recommend it.
Watched the Jason Becker ‘Not Dead Yet’ documentary. Awesome, inspirational, motivational.
What’s Nate been listening to?
I’m happy to announce that I’m born again…….a born again fan of Horrorscope that is.
6. Tridroid Records releasing Astral Blood’s self-titled début EP.
7. METAL TEMPLE wants you, the Metalhead/Rocker, to join the growing army of writers/reporters/photographers coming from various of places throughout the world. Interested? Do you believe that you have what it takes? Check out the ad at http://www.metal-temple.com/site/wanted.htm
8. Tridroid Records also releasing Kobayashi Maru by Caveat will be the first digital release for the label!
HUFFING THE ASS OF FAME #5
For our final song, we’ve got a Stuck in a Car, Stuck with a CD featuring Marty from Mortificator! (www.mortificator.com)
If you have any comments, songs or news, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.dotwpod.com. We’ll have show notes on our website with links and such. And as always, thanks for listening.
A show about Hard Rock and Heavy Metal music and news, both Independent and the 'Big Time' bands!