That’s right kids – it’s that time of the year where we’ll be jammin’ to the artists that we played last year. This will be our last ‘yearly’ post for independents as we’ll now be going to 2 times a year since you guys were so awesome and now we’re flooded with music!
Here’s a list of the artists played, followed by where in the world they are, followed by the name of the song. Please support any artists that you are interested in!
In this episode we discuss current events, what’s Nate been listening to, independent music from Brandon Mohlis from Springfield, Missouri and even more independent music from Deathinition out of Poland – that’s right, we’re up to TWO featured independent bands, we’ll take a look at some podcasts and play some clips in the Podcast Roundup, and then we’ll wrap the show with a little Lemmy discussion, but more importantly we have with us Greg Chilton from the RITUAL MADNESS PODCAST in studio!
Adam Carolla has been off for the past 2 weeks, however he’s been playing a bunch of popular episodes. One of which is an episode with Stone Temple Pilots recorded back when they reformed with Scott Weiland back in the early 2000’s. Scott sounds wasted in this episode by the way. http://adamcarolla.com/stone-temple-pilots/
Also want to note that this coming Friday, January 8th the Ritual Madness Podcast will be having Twin Town Tyrant records on his show – streaming live on this day and with the downloadable podcast to follow if you miss it. I can’t wait to hear this one.
‘One on One with Mitch Lafon‘ podcast.
What’s Nate been listening to?
Notes: KING DIAMOND BITCHES!
Album: Outlaw Gentlemen & Shady Ladies
Song: Room 24 (King Diamond guest vocals.)
(Featured Independent #2):
from the Album: Art of Manipulation
the Song is: Priest
If you’re in a band and you’d like to be considered to be played on the Disciples of the Watch podcast, please email us at email@example.com
5. In Defence, Minneapolis’ Crossover Thrash specialists, have announced that Ben Crew will be leaving the band.
“The only interesting thing about religion is how many people it’s slaughtered.”
“Religion is stupid anyway. I mean, a virgin gets pregnant by a ghost! You would never get away with that in a divorce court, would you?”
“Apparently people don’t like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, ‘Oh! Wait a minute — I was wrong.’ I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you.”
“Fuck god and fuck the devil and fuck the church too. I’m responsible for my actions. I don’t need to hide behind nothing. I did it….what I did.”
“As you go through life’s rich tapestry, you realize that most people you meet aren’t fit to shine your shoes. It’s a sad fact, but it’s true. A good friend is someone who’d hide you if you were on the run for murder. How many of them do you know?”
“I don’t understand people who believe that if you ignore something, it’ll go away. That’s completely wrong — if it’s ignored it gathers strength. Europe ignored Hitler for 20 years. As a result he slaughtered a quarter of the world!”
“I don’t think it’s fair to be waving your dick around when people are minding their own business and might not want to see it.”
“If you didn’t do anything that wasn’t good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous.”
“If you think you’re to old to rock n roll then you are.”
“If you’re going to be a fucking rock star, go be one. People don’t want to see the guy next door on stage; they want to see a being from another planet.”
“People have forgotten that sex is fun. It’s the most fun you can have without laughing. People have forgotten that. It’s all deadly serious. AIDS. You can get gonorrhea from a blowjob. So what? That’s the risk you have to take. If you’re going to have sex, fuckin’ have sex and be happy about it. Don’t be looking over your shoulder all the time. It ruins everything.”
“There was a magazine in England who said I screwed 2,000 women and I didn’t; I said 1,000. When you think about it, it isn’t that unreasonable.”
“People just rip each other to shreds over the years. Nothing kills a relationship like commitment.”
“You know the main thing in life is a sense of humor. Lose that, you’re done. You might as well blow your fucking brains out.”
“I don’t do regrets. Regrets are pointless. It’s too late for regrets. You’ve already done it, haven’t you? You’ve lived your life. No point wishing you could change it.”
“This entire generation seems to have become pussies, you know? Nobody seems to enjoy themselves much anymore.They are all knocking each other down for enjoying themselves.”
“Death is an inevitability, isn’t it? You become more aware of that when you get to my age. I don’t worry about it. I’m ready for it. When I go, I want to go doing what I do best. If I died tomorrow, I couldn’t complain. It’s been good.”
Album: No Parole
This episode we’ll discuss current events, what’s Nate been listening to, independent music from Flummox, we’ll discuss our top 10 Megadeth songs of all time, and the return of the ‘2 Minute Metal Meltdown!’A.J. Pero from Twisted Sister died yesterday of an apparent heart attack at the age of 55. We’d like to dedicate this episode to him.
SONG INTERMISSION (Featured Independent):
Song: The Whispering Banshees
“FLUMMOX.” It is a word that means to perplex, to bewilder, and to ultimately confuse the senses. That is the main goal of the band that has chosen this word as their name. Formed in Murfreesboro, TN by long time musical collaborators, Drew Jones & Blake Dellinger, in the summer of 2012, Flummox has delivered nothing short of this with their abrupt genre hopping, heavy riffing, and insane stage show.
Currently, the Flummox trio consists of Dellinger, Jones, with Jody Lester as the singing drummer. With Flummox’s line-up and sound as solid as ever, Flummox plans on hitting the studio with Dave Summers again in spring of 2015 to record the full length follow-up to “PHLUMMOXYGEN.”
8. SACROPHOBIA, is about to see all their recordings officially re-issued on CD under the title of “Dark Requiems”.
Release date for “Dark Requiems” is set for April 20th and in the meantime, you can listen to the opening track from the “Dead Flesh” split album ’93 on YouTube and Soundcloud:
If you have any news you’d like to share regarding your band please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Megadeth Top 10
Nate’s Top 10
10. Mary Jane (So Far So Good So What)
9. Set The World On Fire (So Far So Good So What)
8. Bad Omen (Peace Sells But Who’s Buying)
7. My Last Words (Peace Sells But Who’s Buying)
6. Captive Honour (Countdown To Extinction)
5. Wake Up Dead (Peace Sells But Who’s Buying)
4. Good Mourning/Black Friday (Peace Sells But Who’s Buying)
3. Take No Prisoners (Rust In Peace)
2. Tornado Of Souls (Rust In Peace)
1. Five Magics (Rust In Peace)
Gene’s Top 10
10. Sweating Bullets (Countdown to Extinction)
9. Hangar 18 (Rust in Peace)
8. Hook In Mouth (So Far, So Good… So What!)
7. Liar (So Far, So Good… So What!)
6. Wake Up Dead (Peace Sells)
5. 99 Ways To Die (Hidden Treasures/Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure Soundtrack)
4. In My Darkest Hour (So Far, So Good… So What!)
3. This Day We Fight! (Endgame)
2. Set The World Afire (So Far, So Good… So What!)
1. Holy Wars… The Punishment Due (Rust in Peace)
If you have any comments or such you can email Nate at his Disciples of the Watch email address email@example.com or Gene: firstname.lastname@example.org. Hit us up on Facebook by searching for Disciples of the Watch Podcast and follow us on Twitter @dotwpod.
Artist: Twisted Sister
Album: Under the Blade
Song: Under the Blade
Under the Blade is the debut studio album by Twisted Sister and was released on Secret Records on September 18, 1982. It was produced by Pete Way, Mark Mendoza, Dee Snider. It has been remixed and re-released two times.
In 2005, Under the Blade was ranked number 387 in Rock Hard magazine’s book of The 500 Greatest Rock & Metal Albums of All Time.
This episode we talk about current events, what’s Nate been listening to, independent music from Caveat as well as the return of Word Association!
Our top 10 Countries visited in 2014!
10 – Argentina
9 – Portugal
8 – Mexico
7 – Spain
6 – Russian Federation
5 – Chile
4 – United Kingdom
3 – Italy
2 – Brazil
1 – United States
Also, we’re almost at our one year anniversary! YAY US!
5. A Little Crazy Entertainment based out of the Twin Cities are going to be launching a new internet-based radio station. If you want your music played or if you’d like to cut an ID tag (This is blahblahblah from blahblahblah and you’re listening to A Little Crazy Radio) visit http://www.alittlecrazyentertainment.com
6. Tridroid Records has announced that on March 17 2015, they will be releasing Dissident Clone’s ‘State of Dysphoria’ as a digital only release. State of Dysphoria will contain 4 tracks that combine thrash, punk and metal. Dissident Clone will appeal to old-school metalheads in particular.
7. HELLSAKURA from “Dead City” – no idea which “Dead City” as their press kit is HORRIBLY constructed – have announced that they’re back in the studio to record the follow up to their release ‘Blood to Water.’ Check ’em out at http://www.hellsakura.com/
8. Nate – are you ready for something different? Tired of all of the same old, same old? Get ready for FLUMMOX! Tridroid Records has announced that they’ll be releasing Plummoxygen, Flummox’ follow up to 2012’s E.P. “The Mindrape.p.” Plummoxogen was recorded in late 2013 to early 2014 and was released independently by the band in August of 2014. It will now be available via Tridroid Records in the Spring of 2015, right when the band returns to the studio to record their next full-length album.
WORD ASSOCIATION TIME!!
For the last song for this episode, we had a special request from Nathan out of Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Artist: David Allan Coe
Album: Nothing Sacred
Song: Linda Lovelace
A show about Hard Rock and Heavy Metal music and news, both Independent and the 'Big Time' bands!