Your sexy hosts are back to discuss some of the current events in the scene, the usual catching up and more importantly – more Independent Music!
In Episode 244 we’re featuring ‘Feed After Midnite’ from Canada and ‘Lintver’ from Slovenia. Plus, we’re going to tackle Loudersounds’ list: “11 metal bands who never made an album as good as their debut”.
Bonus episode alert: Nate and I chatted about some new tunes that were out for upcoming releases, so I took a moment to put the songs together – with some bonus tunes – and put them out as a bonus episode.
Happy Holidays from the Disciples of the Watch! \,,/ d(> _ <)b \,,/
Metallica: Lux Aeterna ’72 Seasons’ being released April 14, 2023
The Winery Dogs: Xanadu ‘III’ being released on February 3rd, 2023
Metal Church: Never Grow Old ‘Best of Mike Howe 2016-2021’.
Ronnie Romero: The Shining (Black Sabbath cover) ‘Raised on Heavy Radio’ releasing January 27, 2023
Quiet Riot: I Can’t Hold On Appears as a bonus track on a newly remastered version of the group’s 2008 album ‘Rehab’
Well, here it is – we finally stopped talking about doing it and just did it. We dug through Metal Church’s 12-album studio discography and ranked ’em. We then gathered other lists and had a couple of guest contributors submit lists, and chatted about the albums and created a new list for MC’s ‘worst-to-best’ catalog.
So jump in with both feet, and start start the fire!! \,,/ d(> _ <)b \,,/
Disciples! The team is back and playing catchup on personal lives and latest news.
Join us as we discuss current events, Nate’s got a tune to share; we’ll enjoy some independent music from ‘NOVA SPEI’ and ‘HUNGRY’ – then we’ll wrap the show with the 11 GREATEST EPS IN HEAVY-MUSIC HISTORY according to Revolver.
What’s Nate been listening to?
Artist: Vanilla Fudge Album: Self Titled Song: STRA (Illusions of My Childhood-Part One) – “You Keep Me Hanging On”
Disciples!! We’re back from Rock-N-Pod and ready to rock!
In this episode we’ll discuss some current events, well check in to see what Nate’s been listening to lately, we’ll enjoy some independent music from Junkhead Jane and The Last Martyr, and we’ll wrap the show discussing Loudersound’s list of 10 Banned Rock + Metal Music Videos.
*************************************** AMAZON LINK! Thanks for your support! USA: http://amzn.to/2eS14of` ***************************************
What’s Nate been listening to?
Artist: King Diamond Album: The Dark Sides Song: The Lake
In this episode we’ll discuss current events, What’s Nate Been Listening To, independent music from Thermit and Among The Serpents, we’ll discuss some tidbits from the music-related podcast community in the Podcast Roundup, and we’ll wrap the show comparing our list of Anthrax albums from worst-to-best to Loudwire.com’s list.
2 Minute Metal Meltdown:
Each episode we discuss the news, but there’s so much we don’t have time for, so we came up with “2 Minute Metal Meltdown” – we’ll have about two minutes to throw out some news headlines, and if something catches your ear visit www.dotwpod.com for the all of the links to the stories we cover.
Firewind and Ozzy Osbourne Band’s Gus G makes an appearance, as well as Simon Kirke from Bad Company discussing his solo album, Joey Jordison formerly of Slipknot discussing his band VIMIC, Nic Maeder from Gotthard and Rocky from Tygers of Pan Tang.
Failing to Wake were on Episode 148, and the latest episode features Doom Metal local talent Chalice of Suffering. I can’t wait to listen to that one – we’ll be playing some Chalice on a future episode!
Stephen Pearcy is on TM for a short interview, claims that ‘the cancer has been removed’ from Ratt. (Animal Testing joke?) John Bush of Armored Saint and formerly of Anthrax and former Kyuss John Garcia make an appearance in TM 648.
Dave Navarro and Steve Stephens were on recently – Steve only brushing on the subject of working with Ozzy on his next album. Sebastian Bach and Kip Winger were up next, followed by Rik Emmet of Triumph and Kenny Arnoff on the most recent episode.
Mr. Henry Rollins is on the podcast, episode 906. I’ve heard it’s pretty good but I haven’t had a chance to listen yet. Joe’s friend Ari Shafir interviewed Henry on his podcast and Joe said it was a great interview so I am going to dig into that one as well.
If you have a podcast or have a favorite one that you’d like to turn me on to, please email me a link at email@example.com!
You can subscribe and stream us using the Stitcher app on your phone or PC/MAC, or via Google Play in the Music Store under the Podcasts section – of just download or stream us via our website at www.dotwpod.com
Don’t forget to use our Amazon link on our website and support the show by shopping via Amazon without costing you any extra.
Album: The Sound of White Noise [Extended Edition]
In this episode we’ll discuss current events, what’s Nate been listening to, independent music from Divinity and Sorizon, we’ll discuss some tidbits from the music-related podcast community in the Podcast Roundup, and we’ll wrap the show comparing our lists to Loudwire’s list of the 10 Best Thrash Metal Albums of the 1990s
Local Music episode on a recent episode featuring ‘The Gooch’ from Outside the Murder and Chris Stark from Twin Town Tyrant Records, and an episode featuring the band ‘The Culture Of.’ on the most recent download.
In this episode we’ll discuss current events, what’s Nate been listening to, independent music from Ritual Slaughter from New York and Astride the Line out of Minnesota, we’ll discuss some tidbits from the music-related podcast community in the Podcast Roundup, and we’ll talk about Scott Ian’s list of 10 albums that “blew his mind.”
10. Chris Stapleton – Traveller (2015)
9. Johnny Cash – American IV: The Man Comes Around (2002)
8. Bad Brains – I Against I (1986)
7. Run DMC – Raising Hell (1986)
6. Thin Lizzy – Jailbreak (1976)
5. Judas Priest – Unleashed In The East (1979)
4. Motörhead – Ace Of Spades (1980)
3. Iron Maiden – Iron Maiden (1980)
2. AC/DC – Powerage (1978)
1. KISS – Alive (1975)
Artist: Yngwie Malmsteen
Song: Sails of Charon (Scorpions Cover)
Commented vocalist/guitarist Gabe Tachell about the song:
“One of our most progressive and somewhat psychedelic songs, it’s about a fucked up nightmare I had.”
‘An Outsider’ is the follow up to RHINE’s 2011 debut ‘Duality’, which was first a solo effort by band founder Gabriel Tachell (guitar and vocals) whom is now joined by Alex Smolin on guitar (ex-Metameric), James Porter on bass (Ideofone), and Carlos Delgado (Inferion, ex-Death Crowned King) to collaborate on this project.
Seattle’s Rhine are seamlessly connecting German thrash metal with Swedish death metal much like their namesake, the Rhine River. The founder of the group Gabriel Tachell named it such for its simplicity and as a metaphor for fluidity and change.
2. Manitou Springs, CO based AKHENATEN is a Middle Eastern black/ death metal project created in 2012 by the Houseman brothers as a side hobby to their full time band Helleborus. With all music arranged by Jerred and vocals done by his brother Wyatt, the duo are now are offering fans a FREE download of their track ‘Ninurta: The Fall Of Anzu’ from their recently released debut album ‘Incantations Through the Gates of Irkalla’ via Satanath Records (Russia), Murdher Records (Italy) along with Darzamadicus Records (Macedonia).
‘As a token of our appreciation regarding the positive feedback surrounding this release, we are offering you all a free download of Ninurta: The Fall Of Anzu. Soon we will have shirts available with the accompanying illustrations by Dymond Starr. The artwork is a visual reflection the track as it depicts Ninurta slaying Anzu.’ comments vocalist Wyatt Houseman.
3. Hey – Any Canadian bands out there tuning in? Want to play in Cuba? Well, you have a chance to win a slot on the Brutal Brutal Battle Cuba tour! Submissions are now open for independent Canadian metal bands in Oshawa, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec, Fredericton and Moncton to submit to this year’s first ever competition. One group will win a performing slot on this year’s 2016 BRUTAL SUMMER FEST TOUR line up where they will be playing in front hundreds of Cuban metalheads each night.
“We have been working on this project for a while and we are really excited that it is finally happening! It’s a great opportunity for bands to experience touring outside of Canada and getting the chance to share the stage with international bands. Chase Wilson and I were part of the first Canadian metal band to tour Cuba in 2014. The cultural immersion as well as the musical experience really makes it a Brutal Fest!” comments BBC organizer Rich O’Neil.
4. Unbowed to release Dogma February 12th, 2016. With Dogma, the follow-up to Unbowed’s 2014 debut full-length, Collapse The World, certainly reflects the deeper meaning of the band’s monicker. The songs contained wiithin are eloquent, forceful, and wholly unyielding. The somber atmosphere of Black Metal is apparent whilst the band bludgeons into thick, suffocating Death Metal riffing. With your head already reeling, the band tears open the fabric of reality with soaring Orchestral and Symphonic elements that takes the listener from purgatory to paradise, all in the same fleeting moments. From acoustic guitars and grand pianos to choir ensembles and harps, this is a Metal release that pushes the boundaries of what an up-and-coming band can already be. On top of all this, the entire EP is self-produced. Written, recorded, mixed, and mastered entirely by the two founding members.
5. Toronto, ON Canadian metal band CAYM announce they will hitting the studio this February and March with Joe Duplantier of Gojira to produce their new yet to be titled album at his Silver Cord Studio in NYC. The new album will be the follow up to their 2013 release ‘From Red To Black’, which is available for FREE download at https://soundcloud.com/caym-metal/sets/from-red-to-black
In addition to hitting the studio, the band has launched a crowd funding / pre-order campaign for the new album offering various rewards to fans that includes a private CAYM show in drag, a BBQ, limited special edition hard copies, choice of a pop song cover, disposable cams with one of a kind pics capturing their studio recording, custom beer mugs, a workout with the band, used and signed gear from the recording along with many more perks all listed below and available at https://www.gofundme.com/caymalbum
6. Nefarious Realm Offers Up WORMWITCH Single ‘Coffin Birth’ As Sacrifice To The Altar Of Black Metal!
Black Metal newcomers WORMWITCH are offering their debut single for exclusive stream and download through Nefarious Realm.com for 2016. Their song ‘Coffin Birth’ will not be featured on their next EP, which has yet to receive a title. The new single offers a background to their transition from hardcore into Black Metal and touches on their Canadian influence from the infamous climate.
“Coffin Birth is the first song that Wormwitch has written under its name, and is the truest culmination of the band’s vision to date. The standalone covers themes of death and rebirth and the constant struggle of man versus nature; wherein nature exercises its timeless power to cast the blight of mankind into the endless void.” – Robin Harris (guitar/vocals)
The band has offered this song for free to everyone and will be announcing the release of their EP later this year.
7. Canada’s epic metal quartet and 2015 Wacken Metal Battle Champions VESPERIA announce they will be entering Blue Sound & Music Studios in Toronto, Canada this March to record their followup to 2015’s The Iron Tempests EP. Helming the project will be engineer/ producer Russ Mackay (Mastodon, Iron Maiden, Styx). The new album will feature an array of famous Canadian guest musicians and the art will be created by Juno award-winning artist Hugh Syme (Rush, Nevermore, Dream Theatre).
The Indiegogo campaign will give fans many special and unique perks for their contributions, including mead made by the band’s frontman Morgan Rider, Vesperia drinking horns, album pre-releases, the bands stage banners and much more! For all details and to contribute, please visit the following link: https://www.indiegogo.com/at/new-vesperia-album
The band comments:
“With the new year comes much and more from the Vesperia camp! We have been labouring away diligently behind the scenes to breath life into what will be our largest and most ambitious project to date! But to realize our ambitions, we are turning to you: our dear fans, family and friends for help in this new endeavour.
We decided that a crowdfunding campaign made the most sense to raise the necessary funds for our new album while allowing us the opportunity to give back to everyone who has helped build Vesperia to what it is today! We have crafted some truly unique gifts, perks and experiences to make this an incredibly special adventure for everyone. We cant wait to show you what we have in store!”
In additional news, VESPERIA will be supporting Finnish metal masters KALMAH’s 2016 cross Canada tour from April 4th – 24th.
8. Seattle, WA thrashers FALLEN ANGELS have teamed up with Revolver Magazine for the stream of their latest single ‘Into The Abyss’in support of their third studio release ‘World In Decay’ produced by Grammy award winning metal producer/engineer Michael Rosen (Forbidden, Testament, Death Angel, Flotsam and Jetsam, Tesla, Vicious Rumors).
9. Texas Metal Underground (TMU) Records have released their first ever free digital music sampler featuring one full mp3 song from their entire re-issued curated catalog releases.
TMU Records has provided the following mission statement:
Since 2008, TMU Records has been unearthing lost and unheard musical gems from the fertile underground Texas metal scene of the mid 1980’s through the early 1990’s.
To preserve and share this heavy musical legacy, the label focuses primarily on bands who burned bright, briefly, but disappeared without a trace before anyone could take much notice. Bands who managed to get a demo recorded but for reasons unknown never shared it beyond a close circle of friends and fans.
Whether on vinyl, CD, or cassette, all TMU Records releases are given lavish treatment with custom packaging, unseen photos, show flyers, interviews, informative booklets, rare bonus tracks and extras for the denim and leather die-hards.
For our final song, it’s Stuck in a Car, Stuck with a CD time! Bill from Metalsota – check them out at https://www.facebook.com/Metalsota for information on bands and local shows!
Artist: American Headcharge
Album: The War of Art
Song: Never Get Caught
A show about Hard Rock and Heavy Metal music and news, both Independent and the 'Big Time' bands!