Disciples!! We’re back from Rock-N-Pod and ready to rock!
In this episode we’ll discuss some current events, well check in to see what Nate’s been listening to lately, we’ll enjoy some independent music from Junkhead Jane and The Last Martyr, and we’ll wrap the show discussing Loudersound’s list of 10 Banned Rock + Metal Music Videos.
*************************************** AMAZON LINK! Thanks for your support! USA: http://amzn.to/2eS14of` ***************************************
What’s Nate been listening to?
Artist: King Diamond Album: The Dark Sides Song: The Lake
We’re back, baby! Catch up with your old friends, listen to some tunes from Hill of Crosses and Grief Collector, then stay tuned as we tackle Kerrangs list of 50 most Evil Songs Ever, and we’ll discuss our our top 10 most evil songs ever!
Have a great week my friends – and STAY HEAVY!
– Nate & Gene
\m/ >¿< \m/
——————————————————- INDEPENDENT INTERMISSION 1
Artist: Hill of Crosses
Location: Prescott, WI (USA)
from the Album: Monuments of Defiance
the Song is: For All Human Kind
——————————————————- INDEPENDENT INTERMISSION 2
Artist: Grief Collector
Location: Minneapolis, USA (Arizona, MN)
from the Album: From Dissension To Avowal
the Song is: Of Misery & Woe
In this episode we’ll discuss current events, What’s Nate Been Listening To, independent music from Thermit and Among The Serpents, we’ll discuss some tidbits from the music-related podcast community in the Podcast Roundup, and we’ll wrap the show comparing our list of Anthrax albums from worst-to-best to Loudwire.com’s list.
2 Minute Metal Meltdown:
Each episode we discuss the news, but there’s so much we don’t have time for, so we came up with “2 Minute Metal Meltdown” – we’ll have about two minutes to throw out some news headlines, and if something catches your ear visit www.dotwpod.com for the all of the links to the stories we cover.
Firewind and Ozzy Osbourne Band’s Gus G makes an appearance, as well as Simon Kirke from Bad Company discussing his solo album, Joey Jordison formerly of Slipknot discussing his band VIMIC, Nic Maeder from Gotthard and Rocky from Tygers of Pan Tang.
Failing to Wake were on Episode 148, and the latest episode features Doom Metal local talent Chalice of Suffering. I can’t wait to listen to that one – we’ll be playing some Chalice on a future episode!
Stephen Pearcy is on TM for a short interview, claims that ‘the cancer has been removed’ from Ratt. (Animal Testing joke?) John Bush of Armored Saint and formerly of Anthrax and former Kyuss John Garcia make an appearance in TM 648.
Dave Navarro and Steve Stephens were on recently – Steve only brushing on the subject of working with Ozzy on his next album. Sebastian Bach and Kip Winger were up next, followed by Rik Emmet of Triumph and Kenny Arnoff on the most recent episode.
Mr. Henry Rollins is on the podcast, episode 906. I’ve heard it’s pretty good but I haven’t had a chance to listen yet. Joe’s friend Ari Shafir interviewed Henry on his podcast and Joe said it was a great interview so I am going to dig into that one as well.
If you have a podcast or have a favorite one that you’d like to turn me on to, please email me a link at firstname.lastname@example.org!
You can subscribe and stream us using the Stitcher app on your phone or PC/MAC, or via Google Play in the Music Store under the Podcasts section – of just download or stream us via our website at www.dotwpod.com
Don’t forget to use our Amazon link on our website and support the show by shopping via Amazon without costing you any extra.
Album: The Sound of White Noise [Extended Edition]
In this episode we’ll discuss current events, what’s Nate been listening to, independent music from Demise of the Crown and Seventh Calling, we’ll discuss some tidbits from the music-related podcast community in the Podcast Roundup, and we’ll wrap the show discussing Bobby ‘Blitz’ Ellsworth top 10 favorite Overkill songs to OUR top 10 Overkill songs!
If you’re in a band and you’d like to be considered to be played on the Disciples of the Watch podcast, please email us at email@example.com
FINAL DISCUSSION TOPIC or SEGMENT:
——————————————————- The 10 best Overkill songs by Bobby ‘Blitz’ Ellsworth http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-12-14/10-best-overkill-songs
10. NECROSHINE (Necroshine, 1999)
9. PLAYING WITH SPIDERS/SKULLKRUSHER (Years Of Decay, 1989)
8. GASOLINE DREAM (W.F.O., 1994)
7. COMA (Horrorscope, 1991)
6. LONG TIME DYIN’ (The Underground And Below, 1997)
5. ROTTEN TO THE CORE (Feel The Fire, 1985)
4. IRONBOUND (Ironbound, 2010)
3. ELECTRIC RATTLESNAKE (The Electric Age, 2012)
2. DRUNKEN WISDOM (Under The Influence, Atlantic 1988)
1. BITTER PILL (White Devil Armory, 2014)
Nate’s List (in order of release): 10. Feel The Fire (Feel The Fire, 1985)
9. Wrecking Crew (Taking Over, 1987)
8. Drunken Wisdom (Under The Influence, 1988)
7. Playing With Spiders/Skullcrusher (The Years Of Decay, 1989)
6. Elimination (The Years Of Decay, 1989)
5. Coma (Horrorscope, 1991)
4. Burn You Down/To Ashes (The Killing Kind, 1996)
3. Save Me (From The Underground and Below, 1997
2. Necroshine (Necroshine, 1999)
1. Skull and Bones (Immortalis, 2007)
Gene’s List (an actual top 10):
10. Powersurge – Taking Over – 1987
9. Hello From The Gutter – Under The Influence – 1988
8. Playing With Spiders / Skullkrusher – The Years Of Decay – 1989
7. Head First – Under The Influence – 1988
6. Elimination – The Years Of Decay – 1989
5. The Green and Black – Ironbound – 2010
4. Battle – The Killing Kind – 1996
3. Gasoline Dream – W.F.O. – 1994
2. Burn You Down/To Ashes – The Killing Kind – 1996
1. Ironbound – Ironbound – 2010
Album: The Grinding Wheel
Song: Our Finest Hour
Preorder now on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2i7f1yl
In this episode we’ll discuss current events, what’s Nate been listening to, independent music from Akhenaten from the USA and Skurk from Iceland, we’ll discuss some tidbits from the music-related podcast community in the Podcast Roundup, and we’ll wrap the show discussing TeamRock’s ranking of every song on Metallica’s Black Album from worst to best.
Pre-ordered Mercyful Fate “Time” on vinyl that is being reissued this month. White Vinyl. August 26th
DANZIG was in the Studio this week working on the next DANZIG record of all new material since 2010’s critically acclaimed ‘Deth Red Sabaoth’.He was joined by longtime guitarist Tommy Victor & former drummer & friend Joey Castillo. Joey Castillo also layed down some drums on an Elvis track for the ‘DANZIG sings ELVIS’ Record, which DANZIG says is now finished & ready for release. Can’t Wait!!
Location: Manitou Springs, Colorado
from the Album: Incantations Through The Gates of Irkalla
In this episode we’ll discuss current events, what’s Nate been listening to, independent music from Plague of Stars from the United States of America and Sanktuary from Canada, we’ll discuss some tidbits from the music-related podcast community in the Podcast Roundup, and we’ll wrap the show discussing a couple of Nick Menza Top 10 Megadeth songs lists.
In this episode we’ll discuss current events, what’s Nate been listening to, independent music from Infiltrate Neutralize Govern (ING) from Africa and Angerhead from the USA, we’ll wrap the show with some tidbits from the music-related podcast community in the Podcast Roundup!
2 Minute Metal Meltdown:
1. Ex-MORBID ANGEL Frontman DAVID VINCENT Performs Original Country Song ‘Drinking With The Devil’
In this episode we discuss current events, what’s Nate been listening to, independent music from DEATH IS THE NAVIGATOR from Southampton in the UK and SOULSTORM out of Canada, and we’ll wrap the show some tidbits from the music-related podcast community in the Podcast Roundup!
RIP Keith Emerson
Also, former BLUE MURDER Keyboardist NIK GREEN died after his battle With cancer.
6. There is still time to get your submissions in for the Ellefson Music Porudction’s UNDERGROUND SAMPLER! 20 unsigned artists will be chosen to be on a sampler released internationally, and inside EVERY EMP Label Group release!
Submission is easy. Upload your track to Soundcloud or Reverbnation, and submit it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject EMP UNDERGROUND!
Commented vocalist/guitarist Gabe Tachell about the song:
“One of our most progressive and somewhat psychedelic songs, it’s about a fucked up nightmare I had.”
‘An Outsider’ is the follow up to RHINE’s 2011 debut ‘Duality’, which was first a solo effort by band founder Gabriel Tachell (guitar and vocals) whom is now joined by Alex Smolin on guitar (ex-Metameric), James Porter on bass (Ideofone), and Carlos Delgado (Inferion, ex-Death Crowned King) to collaborate on this project.
Seattle’s Rhine are seamlessly connecting German thrash metal with Swedish death metal much like their namesake, the Rhine River. The founder of the group Gabriel Tachell named it such for its simplicity and as a metaphor for fluidity and change.
2. Manitou Springs, CO based AKHENATEN is a Middle Eastern black/ death metal project created in 2012 by the Houseman brothers as a side hobby to their full time band Helleborus. With all music arranged by Jerred and vocals done by his brother Wyatt, the duo are now are offering fans a FREE download of their track ‘Ninurta: The Fall Of Anzu’ from their recently released debut album ‘Incantations Through the Gates of Irkalla’ via Satanath Records (Russia), Murdher Records (Italy) along with Darzamadicus Records (Macedonia).
‘As a token of our appreciation regarding the positive feedback surrounding this release, we are offering you all a free download of Ninurta: The Fall Of Anzu. Soon we will have shirts available with the accompanying illustrations by Dymond Starr. The artwork is a visual reflection the track as it depicts Ninurta slaying Anzu.’ comments vocalist Wyatt Houseman.
3. Hey – Any Canadian bands out there tuning in? Want to play in Cuba? Well, you have a chance to win a slot on the Brutal Brutal Battle Cuba tour! Submissions are now open for independent Canadian metal bands in Oshawa, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec, Fredericton and Moncton to submit to this year’s first ever competition. One group will win a performing slot on this year’s 2016 BRUTAL SUMMER FEST TOUR line up where they will be playing in front hundreds of Cuban metalheads each night.
“We have been working on this project for a while and we are really excited that it is finally happening! It’s a great opportunity for bands to experience touring outside of Canada and getting the chance to share the stage with international bands. Chase Wilson and I were part of the first Canadian metal band to tour Cuba in 2014. The cultural immersion as well as the musical experience really makes it a Brutal Fest!” comments BBC organizer Rich O’Neil.
4. Unbowed to release Dogma February 12th, 2016. With Dogma, the follow-up to Unbowed’s 2014 debut full-length, Collapse The World, certainly reflects the deeper meaning of the band’s monicker. The songs contained wiithin are eloquent, forceful, and wholly unyielding. The somber atmosphere of Black Metal is apparent whilst the band bludgeons into thick, suffocating Death Metal riffing. With your head already reeling, the band tears open the fabric of reality with soaring Orchestral and Symphonic elements that takes the listener from purgatory to paradise, all in the same fleeting moments. From acoustic guitars and grand pianos to choir ensembles and harps, this is a Metal release that pushes the boundaries of what an up-and-coming band can already be. On top of all this, the entire EP is self-produced. Written, recorded, mixed, and mastered entirely by the two founding members.
5. Toronto, ON Canadian metal band CAYM announce they will hitting the studio this February and March with Joe Duplantier of Gojira to produce their new yet to be titled album at his Silver Cord Studio in NYC. The new album will be the follow up to their 2013 release ‘From Red To Black’, which is available for FREE download at https://soundcloud.com/caym-metal/sets/from-red-to-black
In addition to hitting the studio, the band has launched a crowd funding / pre-order campaign for the new album offering various rewards to fans that includes a private CAYM show in drag, a BBQ, limited special edition hard copies, choice of a pop song cover, disposable cams with one of a kind pics capturing their studio recording, custom beer mugs, a workout with the band, used and signed gear from the recording along with many more perks all listed below and available at https://www.gofundme.com/caymalbum
6. Nefarious Realm Offers Up WORMWITCH Single ‘Coffin Birth’ As Sacrifice To The Altar Of Black Metal!
Black Metal newcomers WORMWITCH are offering their debut single for exclusive stream and download through Nefarious Realm.com for 2016. Their song ‘Coffin Birth’ will not be featured on their next EP, which has yet to receive a title. The new single offers a background to their transition from hardcore into Black Metal and touches on their Canadian influence from the infamous climate.
“Coffin Birth is the first song that Wormwitch has written under its name, and is the truest culmination of the band’s vision to date. The standalone covers themes of death and rebirth and the constant struggle of man versus nature; wherein nature exercises its timeless power to cast the blight of mankind into the endless void.” – Robin Harris (guitar/vocals)
The band has offered this song for free to everyone and will be announcing the release of their EP later this year.
7. Canada’s epic metal quartet and 2015 Wacken Metal Battle Champions VESPERIA announce they will be entering Blue Sound & Music Studios in Toronto, Canada this March to record their followup to 2015’s The Iron Tempests EP. Helming the project will be engineer/ producer Russ Mackay (Mastodon, Iron Maiden, Styx). The new album will feature an array of famous Canadian guest musicians and the art will be created by Juno award-winning artist Hugh Syme (Rush, Nevermore, Dream Theatre).
The Indiegogo campaign will give fans many special and unique perks for their contributions, including mead made by the band’s frontman Morgan Rider, Vesperia drinking horns, album pre-releases, the bands stage banners and much more! For all details and to contribute, please visit the following link: https://www.indiegogo.com/at/new-vesperia-album
The band comments:
“With the new year comes much and more from the Vesperia camp! We have been labouring away diligently behind the scenes to breath life into what will be our largest and most ambitious project to date! But to realize our ambitions, we are turning to you: our dear fans, family and friends for help in this new endeavour.
We decided that a crowdfunding campaign made the most sense to raise the necessary funds for our new album while allowing us the opportunity to give back to everyone who has helped build Vesperia to what it is today! We have crafted some truly unique gifts, perks and experiences to make this an incredibly special adventure for everyone. We cant wait to show you what we have in store!”
In additional news, VESPERIA will be supporting Finnish metal masters KALMAH’s 2016 cross Canada tour from April 4th – 24th.
8. Seattle, WA thrashers FALLEN ANGELS have teamed up with Revolver Magazine for the stream of their latest single ‘Into The Abyss’in support of their third studio release ‘World In Decay’ produced by Grammy award winning metal producer/engineer Michael Rosen (Forbidden, Testament, Death Angel, Flotsam and Jetsam, Tesla, Vicious Rumors).
9. Texas Metal Underground (TMU) Records have released their first ever free digital music sampler featuring one full mp3 song from their entire re-issued curated catalog releases.
TMU Records has provided the following mission statement:
Since 2008, TMU Records has been unearthing lost and unheard musical gems from the fertile underground Texas metal scene of the mid 1980’s through the early 1990’s.
To preserve and share this heavy musical legacy, the label focuses primarily on bands who burned bright, briefly, but disappeared without a trace before anyone could take much notice. Bands who managed to get a demo recorded but for reasons unknown never shared it beyond a close circle of friends and fans.
Whether on vinyl, CD, or cassette, all TMU Records releases are given lavish treatment with custom packaging, unseen photos, show flyers, interviews, informative booklets, rare bonus tracks and extras for the denim and leather die-hards.
For our final song, it’s Stuck in a Car, Stuck with a CD time! Bill from Metalsota – check them out at https://www.facebook.com/Metalsota for information on bands and local shows!
Artist: American Headcharge
Album: The War of Art
Song: Never Get Caught
What’s Nate been listening to?
Artist: Satan’s Satyrs
Notes: Vocals, Bass Guitar, and Hammond by Clayton Burgess of Electric Wizard – Formed in Virginia 2009
Album: Die Screaming
Song: Show Me Your Skull
What is hair metal? According to Urban Dictionary.com, it’s the following:
“A form of 80’s teenybopper music made primarily by effeminate men wearing makeup and dressed like women, with stereotypical 80’s big hair. After an initial wave of it fizzled out in 1987, it resurfaced just a couple of years later with a short-lived new breed of even lamer bands. Success in hair metal was primarily achieved through placing primary importance on the ability to pose for the camera, and comprising your band with simpletons with little or no musical ability, much less creativity. Once the formula was in place, it was just a matter of finding gullible losers to buy into the swindle. MTV, which started out as a music television channel, obliged, making this subgenre of wimp rock popular at the time. Perhaps the most enjoyable aspect of hair metal was it’s juvenile lyrics.
Never intentionally bad, the lyrical wasteland was a direct result of the limited intellectual capacities of the band members.Hair metal was made popular by bands like Poison, Warrant, Winger, Slaughter, White Lion, Trixter, Skid Row, Motley Crue, Kix, and the Bulletboys.”
50 Lord Tracy, ‘Deaf Gods Of Babylon’ (1989)
49 Mr. Big,’ Lean Into It’ (1991)
48 Precious Metal, ‘Right Here Right Now’ (1985)
47 Lita Ford, ‘Lita’ (1988)
46 Kik Tracee, ‘No Rules’ (1991)
45 Pretty Boy Floyd, ‘Leather Boyz With Electric Toyz’ (1989)
44 Kiss, ‘Lick It Up’ (1983)
43 Vixen, ‘Vixen’ (1988)
42 D-A-D, ‘No Fuel Left for the Pilgrims’ (1989)
41 Winger, ‘Winger’ (1988)
40 Stryper, ‘To Hell With the Devil’ (1986)
39 Vinnie Vincent Invasion, ‘Vinnie Vincent Invasion’ (1986)
38 Britny Fox, ‘Britny Fox’ (1988)
37 Bang Tango, ‘Psycho Café’ (1989)
36 Alice Cooper, ‘Trash’ (1989)
35 Badlands, ‘Badlands’ (1989)
34 Junkyard, ‘Junkyard’ (1989)
33 Saigon Kick, ‘The Lizard’ (1992)
32 Great White, ‘…Twice Shy’ (1989)
31 Slaughter, ‘Stick It to Ya’ (1990)
30 BulletBoys, ‘Freakshow’ (1991)
29 Dangerous Toys, ‘Dangerous Toys’ (1989)
28 Black ‘N Blue, ‘Black ‘N Blue’ (1984)
27 L.A. Guns, ‘Cocked and Loaded’ (1989)
26 Poison, ‘Open Up and Say… Ahh!’ (1988)
25 David Lee Roth, ‘Eat ‘Em and Smile’ (1986)
24 Enuff Z’Nuff, ‘Enuff Z’Nuff’ (1989)
23 Hanoi Rocks, ‘Self Destruction Blues’ (1982)
22 White Lion, ‘Pride’ (1987)
21 Dokken, ‘Under Lock and Key’ (1985)
20 Love/Hate, ‘Black Out in the Red Room’ (1990)
19 Warrant, ‘Cherry Pie’ (1990)
18 Cinderella, ‘Night Songs’ (1986)
17 Def Leppard, ‘Pyromania’ (1983)
16 Twisted Sister, ‘Stay Hungry’ (1984)
15 Quiet Riot, ‘Metal Health’ (1983)
14 Warrant, ‘Dirty, Rotten, Filthy, Stinking Rich’ (1989)
13 Extreme, ‘Extreme II: Pornograffiti’ (1990)
12 Whitesnake, ‘Whitesnake’ (1987)
11 Tesla, ‘The Great Radio Controversy’ (1989)
10 Cinderella, ‘Long Cold Winter’ (1988)
9 Motley Crue, ‘Too Fast for Love’ (1981)
8 Kix, ‘Blow My Fuse’ (1988)
7 Faster Pussycat, ‘Faster Pussycat’ (1987)
6 Ratt, ‘Out of the Cellar’ (1984)
5 Skid Row, ‘Skid Row’ (1989)
4 Mötley Crüe, ‘Shout at the Devil’ (1983)
3 Bon Jovi, ‘Slippery When Wet’ (1986)
2 Poison, ‘Look What the Cat Dragged in’ (1986)
1 Def Leppard, ‘Hysteria’ (1987)