Disciples!! We’re back from Rock-N-Pod and ready to rock!
In this episode we’ll discuss some current events, well check in to see what Nate’s been listening to lately, we’ll enjoy some independent music from Junkhead Jane and The Last Martyr, and we’ll wrap the show discussing Loudersound’s list of 10 Banned Rock + Metal Music Videos.
*************************************** AMAZON LINK! Thanks for your support! USA: http://amzn.to/2eS14of` ***************************************
What’s Nate been listening to?
Artist: King Diamond Album: The Dark Sides Song: The Lake
This episode we’ll discuss current events, what’s Nate been listening to, independent music from Minneapolis’ own Red Desert, the return of Huffing the Ass of Fame, and we’ll pick our top 10 Metallica songs.
2 Minute Metal Meltdown:
1* The boys of Super Duper Alice Cooper win two CSAs!! Best feature doc and best doc editing. Sam Dunn, we salute you!
4* Digital Music News tells you with 7 reasons why no one is coming to your shows, and here they are:
1) You suck
2) You Play Out Too Damn Often
3) It’s Not An Event
4) You Aren’t Selling Advance Tickets
5) You Think The Venue Will Promote
6) You Rely Solely On Facebook
7) You Aren’t Going Out Into The World
11* Stone Sour set to release covers alum “Meanwhile in Burbank and it will feature the following songs:
01. We Die Young (ALICE IN CHAINS)
02. Heading Out To The Highway (JUDAS PRIEST)
03. Love Gun (KISS)
04. Creeping Death (METALLICA)
05. Children Of The Grave (BLACK SABBATH)
SONG INTERMISSION (Featured Independent):
Artist: Red Desert
Album: Damned by Fate
Song: Slow Kill
Notes: Red Desert hail from Minneapolis, Minnesota. Damned by Fate was released August 3rd, 2012 and was recorded and engineered by Adam Tucker at Signaturetone Recording in Richfield MN. You can check Red Desert out at http://www.reddesertmpls.com/.
If you’re in a band and you’d like to be considered to be played on the Disciples of the Watch podcast, please email us at email@example.com
5. Zerobudget Records is proud to welcome Cantharone to our ranks! www.zerobudgetrecords.com
1. Master Of Puppets (taken from Master Of Puppets, 1986)
2. One (taken from …And Justice For All, 1988)
3. Disposable Heroes (taken from Master Of Puppets, 1986)
4. Blackened (taken from …And Justice For All, 1988)
5. Orion (Instrumental) (taken from Master Of Puppets, 1986)
6. Creeping Death (taken from Ride The Lightning, 1984)
7. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (taken from Master Of Puppets, 1986)
8. For Whom The Bell Tolls (taken from Ride The Lightning, 1984)
9. The Four Horsemen (taken from Kill ‘Em All, 1983)
10. Fade To Black (taken from Ride The Lightning, 1984)
Gene’s top 10:
1. Master of Puppets (Master of Puppets – 1)
2. Battery (Master of Puppets – x)
3. Damage, Inc. (Master of Puppets – x)
4. Blackened (…And Justice for All – 4)
5. …And Justice for All (…And Justice for All – x)
6. The Thing that Should Not Be (Master of Puppets – x)
7. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (Master of Puppets – 7)
8. One (…And Justice for All – 2)
9. Creeping Death (Ride the Lightning – 6)
10. Fight Fire With Fire (Ride the Lightning – x)
Nate’s Top 10: (In order of album release)
1. Four Horsemen (Kill Em All)
2. Phantom Lord (Kill Em All)
3. Seek And Destroy (Kill Em All)
4. Ride The Lightening (Ride The Lightening)
5. Fade To Black (Ride The Lightening)
6. Escape (Ride The Lightening)
7. Master Of Puppets (Master Of Puppets)
8. Orion (Master Of Puppets)
9. Blackened (And Justice For All)
10. To Live Is To Die (And Justice For All)
Album: Through Silver in Blood
Song: Locust Star
Neurosis is a post-metal band, based out of Oakland, California. They formed in 1985 as a hardcore punk band, and their sound progressed towards a doom metal style that also included influences from dark ambient and industrial music as well as incorporating elements of folk music. Terrorizer Magazine described Neurosis as “arguably the most influential band of the past two decades.” Through Silver in Blood is the band’s 5th studio album. Enjoy!
A show about Hard Rock and Heavy Metal music and news, both Independent and the 'Big Time' bands!